Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple plans to increase the prices of iPhone 14 Pro models compared to iPhone 13 Pro models, according to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo.

iPhone-14-Pro-Lineup-Feature-Silver.jpg

Kuo did not reveal exact pricing for the iPhone 14 Pro models. However, in a tweet today, he estimated that the average selling price of the iPhone 14 lineup as a whole will increase by about 15% compared to the iPhone 13 lineup.

In the United States, the iPhone 13 Pro starts at $999 and the iPhone 13 Pro Max starts at $1,099. If there were to be a 10% price increase to the Pro models, the iPhone 14 Pro could start at $1,099, while the iPhone 14 Pro Max could start at $1,199. However, the exact price increase for the Pro models remains to be seen.

Increased prices could be due to inflation, the many new features expected for iPhone 14 Pro models, and other factors. It has also been predicted that iPhone 14 Pro models could start with an increased 256GB of storage, up from 128GB.

Key new features rumored for the iPhone 14 Pro models include a new pill-shaped cutout and hole replacing the notch, a faster A16 chip, an upgraded 48-megapixel rear camera lens with support for 8K video recording, and an always-on display that shows the time, date, battery percentage, and iOS 16's new Lock Screen widgets.

Apple is expected to announce the iPhone 14 lineup in September as usual.

Article Link: Kuo: Apple to Increase Prices of iPhone 14 Pro Models

Last edited:

xEODGuy

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2014
Indiana

Apple plans to increase the prices of iPhone 14 Pro models compared to iPhone 13 Pro models, according to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo.

iPhone-14-Pro-Lineup-Feature-Silver.jpg

Kuo did not reveal exact pricing for the iPhone 14 Pro models. However, in a tweet today, he estimated that the average selling price of the iPhone 14 lineup as a whole will increase by about 15% compared to the iPhone 13 lineup.

In the United States, the iPhone 13 Pro starts at $999 and the iPhone 13 Pro Max starts at $1,099. With a 10% to 15% price increase, the iPhone 14 Pro could start at $1,099 or $1,149, while the iPhone 14 Pro Max could start at $1,199 or $1,249.

Key new features rumored for the iPhone 14 Pro models include a new pill-shaped cutout and hole replacing the notch, a faster A16 chip, an upgraded 48-megapixel rear camera lens with support for 8K video recording, and an always-on display that shows the time, date, battery percentage, and iOS 16's new Lock Screen widgets.

Article Link: Kuo: Apple to Increase Prices of iPhone 14 Pro Models
I was just saying to my wife that I don't feel like I'm paying my fair share to Apple! Nearly $1,500 for a spec'd out new model iPhone Pro Max just felt like I was ripping them off. I'm so glad that they solved this problem for me so I can sleep at night.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.