Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

polyphenol

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
But you could have a metabolic disorder resulting in abnormally low blood temperature and suffer considerable from it.

Everyone appears fixated on fever and/or monthly cycles.
Just yesterday I was reminded that sepsis can also cause a drop in temperature. (Sometimes it causes a raised temperature.)

Having fairly recently called an ambulance for someone suffering sepsis, this is another reason to consider low temperature to sometimes be as important as high.

Htsi

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2020
My and my wife's Series 5 Watches are still fine, but I may consider doing this when the time comes. Nothing since Series 5 has been very interesting, aside from maybe the form factor and screen change in Series 7. The service in Canada is $99, which is about US$77, very reasonable.

Just a note though, AFAIK, Apple won't do the battery upgrade (which means just replacing the whole Watch) just because someone wants it. I believe the battery has to have deteriorated to a point which meets their eligibility threshold. If it doesn't, you're SOL.
you’re correct, they wont change it unless it fails diagnostics. To top it off when i took my dads s5 for a battery replacement they specified it doesn’t exist in my country. Only for iPhones And macs. Nothing for iPad and watch.
What has saved my sanity is having apple care+. Have butterfingers And pay the deductible to get a new device (with a new battery). I find their battery replacement policy to be horrendous and anti consumer. When i was in the states, I used the raised blacks display issue to get my phone swapped 3 times. Had to pay the deductible for that issue in curent country and they still only changed the screen, not the phone sadface

Reactions: EugW

groove-agent

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2006
There would have to be some serious improvements to Apple Watch for me to buy a new one. Whlie body temperature would be welcomed, it’s not a must have game-changing feature. At best I struggle to to justify having my series 5 when mostly I use it to tell the time and maybe unlock my phone when I have a mask on.

If they came out with a round Apple Watch I would probably consider upgrading as I’ve always been partial to round smart watches. I’ve never liked the look of the square blocky aesthetically displeasing current design. However, I think this is very much a subjective thing.

As for a game-changing feature, if the Apple Watch came out with a model that could virtually replace the iPhone, esp. while going for jogs, or similar work outs that would be cool. Imagine not having to carry a phone and you could just use your watch? However, too many people need the large screen and let’s face it, Apple wont build a device that can hurt sales of another device. Apple wants you to buy a device for every scenario.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.