Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ScooterComputer

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
While I agree with you on principle, I disagree on the issue of the read/write-gate. It's completely a theoretical issue that people with no noticeable difference for over 95% of users. It has been blown way out of proportion on forums like this.
Ask anyone who was dumb/poor enough to buy a Fusion Drive or 1TB HD -based iMac (Intel) how that eventually worked out for them. So, it's all OK NOW… but let's come back in 3 years and see what the general feeling on those models is. And what those customers (especially the ones who struggled to afford those entry MacBooks) think then.

Make you a deal: in three years, you agree to use a 8/256 M2 Air for 2 more years. If you do that, I'll retract my statement and agree with you.

Reactions: eltoslightfoot

picpicmac

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2023
I'm trying the MX Ergo
I've not tried the "Ergo" versions yet. I'm still using an older Trackman version. The Trackman devices do wear out - after about four years the moving parts seem to break down. I'm on my fourth one, IIRC, since my original 17" MBP from 2003.

When this Trackman fails I will try the Ergo, but as the price was lowered I wonder if it will be a lower quality.

enb141

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2008
I've not tried the "Ergo" versions yet. I'm still using an older Trackman version. The Trackman devices do wear out - after about four years the moving parts seem to break down. I'm on my fourth one, IIRC, since my original 17" MBP from 2003.

When this Trackman fails I will try the Ergo, but as the price was lowered I wonder if it will be a lower quality.
I can't talk about comparing the trackman with the Ergo, and I also can't talk about the older versions if newer versions are better, equal or worse than new versions.

But in my opinion (talking about the Logitech mice that I've owned), I can tell you that they are still premium and better in comparison with other brands, including Razer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.