L4yer Cake...

garybUK

Jun 3, 2002
Layer cake is a mint film, in the same essence as Snatch and Lock Stock... I love it.... though it is quite old now.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Was a very good film indeed!

oh and as a kid i used to wander around the grounds of that club :cool:

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
I don't think it made it big screen here in the states...shame.

I just got it DVD from Netflix...loved it.

Shame on the ending. :(

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
jsw said:
So... I guess now I shouldn't rent it. Don't want to hate the ending....
It's an excellent ending.

Just a shame what happens.

I will tell no more. Definitely get it. I'm buying this one. :D

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Hee, funny...

As I was watching the trailer I thought to myself how it reminded me of Lock Stock and Snatch... :D

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Seeing as how I already own Lock, Stock... and Snatch., I feel like I should go buy this...

Whatever happened to Guy Ritchie? He used to be such a good director... now it seems like he's just crap. (Yeah, I know... Madonna happened to him. Bleah.)

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
clayj said:
Seeing as how I already own Lock, Stock... and Snatch., I feel like I should go buy this...

Whatever happened to Guy Ritchie? He used to be such a good director... now it seems like he's just crap. (Yeah, I know... Madonna happened to him. Bleah.)
Definitely get it.

I'm buying it today, and I only have like 20 DVD's in my collection - I only buy stuff I know I will watch again and again.

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
May 2, 2005
The trailer looks pretty cool, but when I read this thread, I was bummed.. I thought it was about cake; like a recipe or something

and I really wanted some cake.

...I still want some cake! Yarr!

neocell

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2005
Great White North
I really enjoyed Lock Stock and Snatch, but Layer Cake just wasn't as good, IMO, as the first two. Now don't get me wrong. It was a good movie, but just not as good as Stock and Snatch. Maybe because I liked the humorous elements in the first two and Layer Cake basically had none. The intertwining of the story line was nice, to keep the audience guessing though it did at times seem almost forced. Still all in all a good movie.

Err

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2005
its worth a 3$ rent fee for sure, next rainy day give it a go.... imo ;)

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
katie ta achoo said:
The trailer looks pretty cool, but when I read this thread, I was bummed.. I thought it was about cake; like a recipe or something

Some cake sounds delicious to me also. How about lets make some and we can share. Would banana sound good, nice fresh bananas in the icing? What would be your choice?

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2004
Great movie, would liked to have seen more of Sienna Miller though.

How are supposed to make a sequel with an ending like that?

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2004
Lacero said:
You can see her in all her naked glory in Alfie.
Cool, now I have a good reason to see Alfie. Actually, I don't know if it is any good or not, it just didn't catch my attention.

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
katie ta achoo said:

omg. me too! I was like ooooooo 4 layer cake soundss gooooood

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
wdlove said:
What would be your choice?
*pouting* NO! Only yummy cake is ice cream cake w/ coffee/jamocha ice cream and chocolate spongy cake parts. Mmm... Boo on frosting! It's only good to look at, icky to eat.

Nickygoat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2004
London
clayj said:

L4yer Cake is a great movie - reclaiming Brit films after a lot of dross. Buy it :p
As for Ritchie? His new film Revolver is out this week and it's not looking promising. I do, however, have a weeks worth of free cinema tickets from the Evening Standard (a London paper) so I'll probably go and see it, if only for the "car crash" element to it :D

Bote

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2005
Philadelphia PA
iGary said:
I don't think it made it big screen here in the states...shame.

I just got it DVD from Netflix...loved it.

Shame on the ending. :(
I saw this in the states 2 years ago, but that was at a Film Festival in Philly. I don't know if you have those in a city near you but they are great for seeing movies that you do not usually have access to in the states. A lot of the international films are great. :)

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Sorry to resurrect...

I just saw this the other night... Not bad.

The new Bond is quite the hottie when he's topless! :eek: And I love the nice dark jeans paired w/ a nice coat look. Mm. But honestly, the highlight of that movie for me was the lady prancing in w/ her Agent Provocateur! Yaay! Go AP! :D Thanks, iGary for bringing this movie up, it was entertaining.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.