Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
She has been in my thoughts many, many days since her last post in January. I hope she knows how many people here are sending her hugs over this news. Wishing her family lots of love and healing over the loss of their girls.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I was wondering about that..... Actually, isn't it Lupus that she has, rather than cancer?

ETA: looked around and found a post from May 2015 in which she describes her illnesses:

"I'm a Chronic Myeloid Leukemia, SLE Lupus, Severe heart failure and other Autoimmune illnesses survivor for which I was on chemo for."

I would think that with all that, any pregnancy would definitely be risky, not to mention contraindicated.

Last edited:

jess222

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2010
CA
Got a nice scuba blue knockoff from Amazon:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01FJ7MZGU/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

:) :)

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
Finally got an Apple Nylon band and I love it! I tried on every color in the store and I really liked the black one on my rose gold watch but wanted something bright and colorful for summer. I thought I wanted scuba blue but once I saw the bands actually on my watch and on my wrist I fell in love with the pink one!

be47acad25253b5551a5e90d6bb6f013.jpg

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Finally got an Apple Nylon band and I love it! I tried on every color in the store and I really liked the black one on my rose gold watch but wanted something bright and colorful for summer. I thought I wanted scuba blue but once I saw the bands actually on my watch and on my wrist I fell in love with the pink one!

be47acad25253b5551a5e90d6bb6f013.jpg
I love this. It's going to be my next band.

Reactions: ladytonya

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
so after about a 3 month wait, my wife's custom Tumi strap by Rob Montana arrived today. the strap looks amazing and the craftsmanship is top notch. ironically, it may be a little overkill for a stainless apple watch, but Rob has made many straps for my mechanical watches and i knew that i could trust him with this project.

donor wallet

28254775955_e1f8a1c208_b.jpg

28150863082_bf860bf91b_b.jpg

Rob harvested the canvas material and reinforced it with high quality leather. The stitching is all done by hand and the Tumi emblem is glued on with a commercial adhesive.

28258750945_fbaf356d2e_b.jpg

27977722590_71da1e8670_b.jpg

27643190393_fb777c8ee1_b.jpg

28224256036_c43673d58a_b.jpg

27643071674_9b13fbb871_b.jpg

i still have some canvas from the donor wallet if anyone is interested. you just have to source another emblem. :)

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
so after about a 3 month wait, my wife's custom Tumi strap by Rob Montana arrived today. the strap looks amazing and the craftsmanship is top notch. ironically, it may be a little overkill for a stainless apple watch, but Rob has made many straps for my mechanical watches and i knew that i could trust him with this project.

donor wallet

28254775955_e1f8a1c208_b.jpg

28150863082_bf860bf91b_b.jpg

Rob harvested the canvas material and reinforced it with high quality leather. The stitching is all done by hand and the Tumi emblem is glued on with a commercial adhesive.

28258750945_fbaf356d2e_b.jpg

27977722590_71da1e8670_b.jpg

27643190393_fb777c8ee1_b.jpg

28224256036_c43673d58a_b.jpg

27643071674_9b13fbb871_b.jpg

i still have some canvas from the donor wallet if anyone is interested. you just have to source another emblem. :)

Now that is HOT!

Reactions: Mr Kram

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
Hadn't seen these posted. Thought somebody in here might appreciate this. The silver and gold cases from Hoco.

w8XJ7OIl.jpg

XttX145l.jpg

MI6Zqwnl.jpg

4ks2cyrl.jpg

qjdPlZUl.jpg

@IphoneIssues, I know this is an older post, but thanks for posting these pictures. I'm really interested in what you think of them now that you've had these cases for a little while. I don't have an Apple Watch yet but will probably be getting one in the next few months, so I'm doing my research now! I know that whichever color I choose, I'm probably going to want to change it up from time to time, because I can just never make up my mind with these things! :eek: So, the idea of being able to change the look of the actual watch with cases really appeals to me. What do they feel like? Do they make the watch feel bulky at all? All the info I could find on these are conflicting Amazon reviews so I'd love to know what you think now that a few months have passed!:)

Reactions: Mac2me

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2010
@IphoneIssues, I know this is an older post, but thanks for posting these pictures. I'm really interested in what you think of them now that you've had these cases for a little while. I don't have an Apple Watch yet but will probably be getting one in the next few months, so I'm doing my research now! I know that whichever color I choose, I'm probably going to want to change it up from time to time, because I can just never make up my mind with these things! :eek: So, the idea of being able to change the look of the actual watch with cases really appeals to me. What do they feel like? Do they make the watch feel bulky at all? All the info I could find on these are conflicting Amazon reviews so I'd love to know what you think now that a few months have passed!:)

I haven't really used them. Happy to help you though.

"What do they feel like?"

They are plastic. Did you mean something else?

"Do they make the watch feel bulky at all?"

No, I wouldn't say they're bulky. Fit nicely.

Reactions: boston04and07

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
I haven't really used them. Happy to help you though.

"What do they feel like?"

They are plastic. Did you mean something else?

"Do they make the watch feel bulky at all?"

No, I wouldn't say they're bulky. Fit nicely.

Ah okay, thank you! Yeah, I guess I was just wondering how plastic-y they felt I guess. I'll probably end up trying them sometime.

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2010
Ah okay, thank you! Yeah, I guess I was just wondering how plastic-y they felt I guess. I'll probably end up trying them sometime.

I wore them a few times but I just have been wearing the watch regularly. If you're wondering whether they're flimsy, the sides pull when you pull them, because it's plastic, but you'd have to really really pull to break the thing.

You can't tell they're plastic by looking at them. Nice shine is there.

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
I wore them a few times but I just have been wearing the watch regularly. If you're wondering whether they're flimsy, the sides pull when you pull them, because it's plastic, but you'd have to really really pull to break the thing.

You can't tell they're plastic by looking at them. Nice shine is there.

Sounds pretty cool. I really like the idea of being able to switch up the look for different outfits. I was sort of unsure because they got reviews on Amazon that were both really great and really not so great! But what you said is basically what I'd been expecting after reading about them. I'll definitely give them a try and post back here too once I get my watch (whenever that may be!) :eek:

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2010
Sounds pretty cool. I really like the idea of being able to switch up the look for different outfits. I was sort of unsure because they got reviews on Amazon that were both really great and really not so great! But what you said is basically what I'd been expecting after reading about them. I'll definitely give them a try and post back here too once I get my watch (whenever that may be!) :eek:

Yeah, make sure you do post after you get it. They're worth it.

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015

I bought a silicone clear case cover to try on my SS AW thinking it might be nice to have on occasion for more rugged wear situations. These come in colors too. Pictured it as a bumper guard for the watch face. I had read a number of reviews for both silicone and harder plastic covers causing scratching problems on the case. I thought I'd try the softer silicone one -- cause how can that really scratch, right? I noticed microscratches on my SS watch case after putting it on, I guess from the rubbing where the silicone edge was as you try to pull it onto the case. The silicone ones do take a bit of stretching, tugging and pulling to get them in position since they are one piece. I actually threw it away at that point. Even with clear it does alter the look of the watch and you're either okay with that or not. If you go back through the thread there are good actual user photos to judge by.

I do think that the silicone cases covers or harder plastic ones are best utilized on the aluminum sport watches as the finish is less apt to show any microscratches. Which is why Apple used that material for their sport watches. Also even read on some of the different case covers that they didn't recommend for the SS version. Not sure what watch you'll be getting but figure it's something people should be aware of. BTW it's not like you can't buff out the microscratches on the SS, but after buying a new watch couldn't see why I would want to buy a $6 product that would cause me to do that.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Got a knockoff royal blue nylon band, liking it so far, seems pretty comfortable! :)
View attachment 634676
View attachment 634677

I'm actually thinking of buying the genuine Royal Blue colour from Apple (I'm currently using my Black Nylon Apple Band), for my Space Grey 42mm Apple Watch:

upload_2016-9-1_12-58-8.png

....however, in your post, the band looks quite pink?!?!? Does the Royal Blue have a hint of pink in then?!

My second choice would be the Pearl colour:

upload_2016-9-1_12-59-41.png

...however, some people have also stated that the Pearl also has a hint of pink in it?!

broadbean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
I'm actually thinking of buying the genuine Royal Blue colour from Apple (I'm currently using my Black Nylon Apple Band), for my Space Grey 42mm Apple Watch:

....however, in your post, the band looks quite pink?!?!? Does the Royal Blue have a hint of pink in then?!

Not really. There is a hint of purple* - ie bluish red, but very slight.

* But then my definition of purple is rather broad!

Reactions: Dino F

jess222

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2010
CA

View attachment 647865

My second choice would be the Pearl colour:

View attachment 647866

...however, some people have also stated that the Pearl also has a hint of pink in it?!
It doesn't look pink to me in person but its also not the Apple version so I can't speak for that one :)

Fabienne

macrumors 65816
i am getting a new apple watch...the gold one. Is there a set of watch ands with a matching gold catch (the little bat it hooks onto), or are some just steel and some just hold?

BTW, what color watch bands go best wth gold in your opinion?

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008

View attachment 647865

I've got the apple one and there's no a hint of pink at all. Then again, I don't see the hint of pink in the linked pictures either :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.