Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
If by "lame" you mean "unspectacular and humiliating", I would go for

- Heart attack on the toilet
- Urinating on the third rail
- Drowning in the bathtub
- Falling down the stairs

- And, probably the worst, those people who die alone at home in their sleep and nobody realizes they are dead for years.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Taking a piss, and then slipping on the tile floor, cracking your head open. Dying with your hand gripping your penis, your pants down to your knees, and your shirt covered in piss would be rather embarrassing.

calculus

Dec 12, 2005
Taking a piss, and then slipping on the tile floor, cracking your head open. Dying with your hand gripping your penis, your pants down to your knees, and your shirt covered in piss would be rather embarrassing.

You've thought about this far too much...

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
Choking on a pretzel while occupying one of the most powerful and high stress jobs in the world. Such that you have a contingent of guards always around to protect you from assassination.

Thwarted by a Rold Gold....

floyde

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2005
Monterrey, México
Burned alive after setting one of your own farts on fire with a lighter :eek:

Edit: I was going to add this as well but I thought it was a little bit too much: "and holding your penis because you were trying to pee on yourself to put out the fire" :eek:

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
A good read of the darwin awards should come up with a bunch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_Awards

I was just going to post the same thing.. Some of those are amazing. I never know whether to laugh or not in cases like that.

That being said, I read once a year ago or so where this rather portly gentleman died in his sleep (peacefully) - but wait: He asphyxiated himself by farting too much. Poor man was found in his tiny bedroom, with the door shut.

erickkoch

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2003
Kalifornia
If you die immediately after saying, "hey everybody, watch this!", that would be embarrassing.

Dying on the toilet to me would be the most embarrassing. The father of a friend of mine found a body that way in the trains lavatory. Not the way I'd want to check out.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
A friend of a friend recently died from carbon monoxide poisoning. She started the car to warm in up in the garage with out opening the door. She was overcome by fumes when she came back to the car.

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
Lamest way to die? Listening to people talking about the lamest way to die?
:eek:

Suicide is the lamest way to die. It doesn't matter what they did, suicide is just plain stupid, lame, and selfish. I think that one is a good topper.

But specifically the lamest way to die is by eating and eating and eating and eating and being told you will die if you don't stop. And you don't stop. That is a lame way to die because it takes a long time!

Aea

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Suicide is the lamest way to die. It doesn't matter what they did, suicide is just plain stupid, lame, and selfish. I think that one is a good topper.

I'm sure there would be quite a few epic ways to commit suicide if one really tried, I don't think we're following the same definition of lamest though.

The lamest way to die, in my opinion would be something entirely unexpected. I can just picture some poor sod walking out to get a coffee and then having a crane fall on him. Or maybe I'm just being inspired by the cranes dominating the Denver skyline :p

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
I don't think that's fair. Those who contemplate suicide are in need of outreach and help, not judgment and criticism.

No1451

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2008
Ottawa, ON

Not if you kill yourself by drowning in a tub full of beans, trying to eat your way out....would be awesome.

The lamest way to die is, in my opinion, having a really minor accident and dying of complications
"Ah **** I broke a nail"*Death*

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR

Ever watch Nip/Tuck? There have been some pretty unselfish romantic suicides that most definitely were not lame.

I'm sure some of those translate to the real world, too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.