Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sebastian79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2017
They all do, but I think only the Max has the split view. No home screen in landscape anymore, but I don't see that as a big loss.
even the XS? Why did they drop the home screen in landscape mode? I love it and use it all the time in the car...

Reactions: Rhartford

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Where did you read/see split view?

Thanks

Saw it on Twitter I believe. The X doesn't have it already so we know that, and the Xr is a lesser resolution, so unlikely there. I saw it in split view on the Max though.
[doublepost=1536844141][/doublepost]
even the XS? Why did they drop the home screen in landscape mode? I love it and use it all the time in the car...

Yea the Xs has the same set up as the current X, which doesn't have the split view. You can use some apps in landscape though. I'd imagine it's the same way for the Xr.

Reactions: Sebastian79

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
The XR and XS Max support landscape split screen within the app. They both have the same point-width resolution as the previous Plus size phones.

The XS is the same as the X, point width resolution equal to the previous 4.7" iPhones and no landscape split screen.

Also, FYI none of these iPhones have a landscape home screen layout like the previous Plus iPhones did.
[doublepost=1536844635][/doublepost]
Can anyone source or upload an image of split view in iPhone XS Max?

Here's a couple quick screen caps:

2.png 1.png
[doublepost=1536844829][/doublepost]
Saw it on Twitter I believe. The X doesn't have it already so we know that, and the Xr is a lesser resolution, so unlikely there. I saw it in split view on the Max though.
[doublepost=1536844141][/doublepost]

Yea the Xs has the same set up as the current X, which doesn't have the split view. You can use some apps in landscape though. I'd imagine it's the same way for the Xr.

Just an FYI - the XR has the same point resolution as the XS Max - the difference being though that the XR is 326ppi with the UI drawn @2x retina, and the XS Max has 458ppi with the UI drawn @3x retina.

Reactions: Sebastian79

Anandc

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2011
Bombay, India
The XR and XS Max support landscape split screen within the app. They both have the same point-width resolution as the previous Plus size phones.

The XS is the same as the X, point width resolution equal to the previous 4.7" iPhones and no landscape split screen.

Also, FYI none of these iPhones have a landscape home screen layout like the previous Plus iPhones did.

View attachment 781218 View attachment 781219

Just an FYI - the XR has the same point resolution as the XS Max - the difference being though that the XR is 326ppi with the UI drawn @2x retina, and the XS Max has 458ppi with the UI drawn @3x retina.

Sorry my bad.

I was looking for Split View Multi Tasking like on iPad

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT207582

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA

View attachment 781218 View attachment 781219

Thanks for the clarification. I read some conflicting information there.

Reactions: profets
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.