Last 4 Digits Problem With Apple Pay (Amex/Capital One)

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ghsNick, Oct 20, 2014.

1. ghsNick, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014

ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

So I've added two cards and I'm noticing and an issue.

With Amex it shows the last 5 digits of my credit card and with my Capital One it shows the last 4 digits.

Also - on Amex I can see my previous transactions (all of them). With the Capital One it doesn't show any previous transactions and says it only shows Apple ones.

Are these differences due to the way I set it up or because each cardholder is different?

2. Vegasryn macrumors 6502

3. Narg macrumors member

Amex is very very different. It's nothing new.

4. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

Yep, each bank is different. Amex show my history but two different Chase cards don't.

5. wxnats macrumors 6502a

After I added my Amex card I received an email from them explaining Amex on Apple Pay. Namely, if the cashier asks for the last few digits of the card, don't use the actual card numbers but use the device account number.

6. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Ok, me too. But in Passbook does it show the REAL last five digits on the card? Mine does so I just thought I'd ask.

And with Capital One - did anyone else have to call and confirm for them to activate it?

With Amex it worked automatically and with Capital One I had to get a rep to activate it after I typed my info in.

7. wxnats macrumors 6502a

Yep, it shows both the real last five and last five of the device account number.

I have a Capital One 360 debit card that worked automatically, similar to my Chase and AmEx cards.

8. NoBoMac macrumors 6502a

In the case of the AMEX I entered, the card only shows the five digit device account number if I tap on the "circle I" at the lower right corner of the card and scroll down. Alternatively, Settings > Apple Pay > AMEX card

9. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

For the last 5 on the real account its on the actual card. For the last 5 on the device I have to do what you said. I'm pretty sure the last 5 of your real card are on it.

10. ZeRoLiMiT macrumors 6502a

ZeRoLiMiT

i did both my Capital One credit cards and work perfect!

11. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I just deleted a card and re-add it to check if the digital card number changes and it does.

Is that normal for the digital card numbers to change if you delete and re-add?

12. caesarp macrumors 6502a

Yes, its a randomly generated token.

----------

No issue. Amex is different.

13. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Nope, I was offered the option to call or to verify through Capital One app. Chose the app.

For BoA business card, I had to call - no other option.