Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
The thing that gets me is that AT&T has not to this day come forward and offer an explanation as to why MMS wasn't included with the 3.0 update.

It's not like they had less time than the other carriers to get things figured out...

Really... I wonder.

I am really doubting on whether I'll get an iPhone when I'm up for a phone upgrade next year. I've been seriously dissapointed with these late promises.

Push notification was 10 months late. (Remember that September promise?)
Delay on MMS till "End of summer" for AT&T
No tethering still with AT&T
Delay's on app approval and bizarre app approval

AT&T needs to just treat it as a phone with internet. This crappy iPhone service sucks. We should get the same features that every other smart phone has. If we're not, then I'm just going to get another smartphone.

deimos256

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2008
It's not like they had less time than the other carriers to get things figured out...

Really... I wonder.

I am really doubting on whether I'll get an iPhone when I'm up for a phone upgrade next year. I've been seriously dissapointed with these late promises.

Push notification was 10 months late. (Remember that September promise?)
Delay on MMS till "End of summer" for AT&T
No tethering still with AT&T
Delay's on app approval and bizarre app approval

AT&T needs to just treat it as a phone with internet. This crappy iPhone service sucks. We should get the same features that every other smart phone has. If we're not, then I'm just going to get another smartphone.

Couldnt agree more, all I want is an explanation, i think everyone who pays the salaries of these decision makers deserves an explanation. I too have been wondering what I will do next july when my contract is up. I might have to start considering BB or perhaps look into what Google is doing with android.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I just worry

if it's not out by Sept 22nd how many fing threads are there going to be on it. like there isn't already. ;) we get it when we get it!

mmulin

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2006
Read my edited post above....

Why? To insure it works according to Apple's specs. We don't fully know what it will involve.... just the MMS, or + Voicemail, or + Tethering. I'm sure that Apple will fully look at the code before approving. If they need it changed, we just have to read the App approval posts where Apple went back and forth with the Devs. In some cases, they bickered for months. I hope this isn't the case here.

The carrier file is just a settings file not an application. You put it in and the content either makes MMS work or not. Besides, ATT won't be scrutinised by the same process as 3rd party developers. That just doesn't make any sense seeing the exclusive carrier vendor relationship between ATT & Apple.

Further, MMS is officially working in other countries. So, the only technical reason for withholding a good carrier file could be the ATT network or some high level decisions at ATT. One marketing slogan comes to mind: "Now with MMS!".

Tofaha

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
MI
i want my mms...its so annoying when friends ask me to send them a pic..and i tell them ill send it to their emails :eek:

wilderness1957

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2009
Sept 22 5:18 PM EDT / 2:18 PM PDT

I think it would be fing hysterical if they didn't release it till Saptember 22 at 5:17pm Eastern..... just to screw with everyone.... Now THAT Would be funny...... there would be a bunch of you ready to post flaming Apple and AT&T and then WHAM... MMS.... :D:D:):):D:D:):)

strike1555

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2009
If MMS ends up coming on the absolute last calendar day of summer, it's going to look bad for AT&T.

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
Honestly MMS most likely won't be out ever on AT&T lol if they are taking this long then it's probably just never going to come...

xanatos

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2007
You know what? I wasnt pissed about ATT and no MMS but they said laid summer. I was expectin at least around the end of august. September isnt even summer in my mind cause thats when school starts meaning summers over. So they should have said at the end of summer.
Whenver someone sends me a mms. I tell them i gotz an iphonez and just freakin email it to me or it better be important cause im not going to copy and paste that crap and have it not even work anyways.

daihard

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2008
Seattle, WA
You know what? I wasnt pissed about ATT and no MMS but they said laid summer. I was expectin at least around the end of august. September isnt even summer in my mind cause thats when school starts meaning summers over.
Why would AT&T comply with the term "summer" as defined by an individual who simply expected late summer to be "around the end of August" and for whom "September isn't even summer"?

wilderness1957

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2009
You know what? I wasnt pissed about ATT and no MMS but they said laid summer. I was expectin at least around the end of august. September isnt even summer in my mind cause thats when school starts meaning summers over. So they should have said at the end of summer.
Whenver someone sends me a mms. I tell them i gotz an iphonez and just freakin email it to me or it better be important cause im not going to copy and paste that crap and have it not even work anyways.

So... when exactly is Laid Summer?

and when did Apple add the shizel to the iPhone?

That made me laugh

milani

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2008
AT&T still not having MMS = epic fail. Seriously, I forgot that AT&T folks didn't have it. I've taken MMS for granted a long time ago. We might get poached up here in Canada, but at least we get the features we over pay for!

nickrinaldi

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2009
when 3.0 release date was announced the 3.0 gm was available to download off torrents and sites etc.. a week earlier than the official date. so hopefully we can get our hands on 3.1 & mms earlier than whenever they announce the date again. ;)

vizkiz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Long Island, NY
Officially, summer in the US is June 22nd to September 21st.

when 3.0 release date was announced the 3.0 gm was available to download off torrents and sites etc.. a week earlier than the official date. so hopefully we can get our hands on 3.1 & mms earlier than whenever they announce the date again. ;)

Even if you get your hands on 3.1 early, chances are MMS (if the carrier file is included) will still not work until a day or two before the official release. Maybe even only the same day, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.