Latest 7 Plus Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ForgetfulSilence, Jun 7, 2017.

1. ForgetfulSilence macrumors newbie

Hello!

After years and years of on and off thinking, I've now decided to jailbreak my latest iPhone, hurrah!
    The reason for this is I'm getting sick of what i have now, iOS 11 looks bloody boring in my opinion and I just want full control and customisation on my phone, so here I am!

My iPhone is the 7 Plus (remembered reading how the 7 Plus is different compared to others phones for jailbreak) and it is running 10.3.1 (and I'm guessing I'll have to downgrade, another thing I don't know how to do)

I have a Macbook to do all this, I just don't know where to start and what's the most recent jailbreak? (like I read 10.2 is but that's for every device but the 7 Plus so I am very confused)

I am very nooby to all this but I guess we all were when we started lol.

Thank you in advance to all help for this! :)

2. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

Bottom line: There is no available jailbreak for 10.3.1 (or 10.3.2), and you cannot downgrade to an earlier, jailbreakable iOS version (10.1.1 for the 7+) since it is no longer being signed by Apple.

3. MuggeGHQ macrumors member

MuggeGHQ

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

See the post above yours.

5. MuggeGHQ macrumors member

MuggeGHQ

Sorry, my bad.

6. loyalist macrumors 6502

7. eyoungren, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Are you adding your voice to the long line of people who claimed jailbreaking was dead with iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, and iOS 10?

Generally these people make this claim and we never hear from them again once a jailbreak drops for the firmware they said jailbreaking was dead for.

Funny how that works!

8. Deetlebug89 macrumors member

The only jailbreak available for iPhone 7/7+ is Yalu101 it is for iOS 10.1 and10.1.1 only!!! Also now there is also another tool extra_recipe and it's a more stable extension of Yalu 101 it supports iOS 10.0.x-10.1.1 on the 7/7+

Some recent rumors suggest a pangu jailbreak is possibly coming in the future for 10.3.1 although no one is certain how legitimate this information is ... there was a demo of the jailbreak at a convention but never any real evidence from pangu they would release it (so if I was you I would stay there) on the firmware you have

Yalu102 works on 64bit iOS devices with iOS 10.2 (BASICALLY FOR EVERYTHING BUT 7/7+)

I recently purchased a iPhone 7 with iOS 10.1.1 installed because I knew from the serial number the production date of the iPhone so if people must have Iphone 7 with 10.1- 10.1.1 you have to look at the back of the box and check the serial numbers... it took me 17 att stores and 3 walmarts to finally find one about 2 weeks ago...

Looking at the 4th and 5th letters the following serial number range iPhone 7 devices are pre-loaded / shipped 10.1.1
    __SP _SQ _SR _SS _ST _SU __SV
    ___SO and below appear to be 10.1 or lower
    ___SW and higher will more than likely be 10.2+

My iPhone 7 128 jet black was a SR and came with 10.1.1 just as the list above shows so for anyone looking for a new one find one in them ranges or sell your current one then find a new one sealed with them letters and you will know for sure your getting a jailbreakable
    Iphone 7 series

I despise stock iOS so the lengths I went through to get a jailbreakable version may seem extensive to some or all but to each their own and I'm completely happy my efforts payed off with a brand new 10.1.1 in the exact model I wanted

Attached Files:

9. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

10. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

Why, you don't have to open it or is there someone forcing you to open it?

11. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

Yes, I'm forced to open all threads. Help.

12. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

JBing isn't dead...but it's considerably harder for the players to find and craft exploits that will yield a breakthrough.

On one side, you have Apple offering $$$ for exploits and on the other, private industry, etc doing the same.

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Im glad you decided you're now ready to jailbreak.
    But the jailbreak is not ready for you unfortunately :D

14. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

what about for meeee!!?

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You're further advanced than the regular jb folks :D

16. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

should we release our jailbreak for ios11 yet?

17. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nope, too early.
    Let's wait till iOS 12 is out first :D