Latest Airport Extreme Firmware

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by david279, Jun 23, 2009.

1. david279 macrumors member

david279

What is the latest firmware for the extreme? 7.4.2 just popped up for update.

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I was about to start a thread too - I went to check a setting in Airport Utility for my AEBS, and it showed up there just a few minutes ago.

I checked Apple, and no KB for 7.4.2

It's sorely needed to fix at least a couple of issues I've seen. I would like to see some release notes before updating, but I guess I can always roll back to 7.4.1.

3. g-7 macrumors 6502

g-7

Firmware 7.4.2 just appeared for my AirPort Express, downloading right now.
    I think it is a new one.

4. david279 thread starter macrumors member

david279

I hope it helps me reach my drives attached to the extreme remotely. Hasn't worked since the last update.

5. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Mine would go "stupid" every so often - wireless would continue to work, but couldn't mount drives. Hopefully, this is one of the things addressed in the update.

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Yeah Im upgrading the FW on all three of my airports right now.

7. WilliamG macrumors 604

This fixed my 30 minute connection time from my Airport Express N to my Time Capsule!

8. z4n3 Guest

z4n3

Firmware updates!!!

MacBook Pro EFI, Bluetooth, Airport, MacBook Pro SMC, Xserve LOM, iMac EFI, Mini DisplayPort to VGA in just 2 months!!! and people still bitch :eek:

9. 4np macrumors 6502a

4np

Installed on my AE 802.11n, unfortunately the update did not allow me to use European channels on my USA bought AE... Still haven't found a sollution to that issue, I guess it's 'impossible'...

Anybody got a European AE 802.11n that would like to trade it for a USA AE 802.11n? ;)

Attached Files:

10. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

Just installed the update ... all is well and no issues to report on my 1st generation Time Capsule

11. mex4eric macrumors 6502

mex4eric

Works fine on my Extreme "n". Was having problems with "time connected" view in menu bar, but that might have been local interference on the channel I was using.

Will see how fast it recovers from "Enterphone" interruptions on my DSL line, but that's probably due to telco server lockup.

12. cmcconkey macrumors 6502

Installed on my AEBS.n Dual-Band Simultaneous. Tomorrow I will install it on a ExpressN and a AEBS.n Gigabit. Haven't had any problems with any of them, I hope that doesn't change.

13. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

After a year, I wouldn't mind if my MacBook Air could reliably connect to my Time Capsule (wideband N) on wake from sleep :eek:

Everything else connects fine to the TC, and the Air connects to every other network just fine. It even connects to the TC just fine--unless I use 5Ghz N, and then 1/3 of the time it fails to find the network. It's always been that way. Annoying.

Nothing in the notes on this update gives me particular hope, though.

14. dborja macrumors 6502a

I had the issue of losing connectivity in an extended network with V7.4.1 so I had to roll back to the earlier version. I'll give this a try since it does identify my issue as being fixed...

15. Blaine macrumors 6502a

Blaine

16. psxguru macrumors 6502a

run airport utility

17. displaced macrumors 65816

displaced

Good timing...

My new iPhone 3GS was struggling to retrieve an IP address via DHCP with our Airport Extreme. For the time being, I'd set the IP config manually. But after this update, the 3GS now works fine with DHCP.

Excellent :)

18. iPhoneNYC macrumors 6502a

iPhoneNYC

Installed via Airport Utility to my "n". Initially Safari couldn't open even though the airport was listed. So I restarted and everything is fine.

19. BigTRQ macrumors regular

Thanks Apple! Now I can have a closed network, and have my AE-n connect to it! Took long enough, but glad they fixed that issue.

20. theBigD23 macrumors 6502a

My TC is working well right now, with TM on 2 computers. These updates sometimes screw things up, so I'm a little wary. I'm a sucker for updates though. :)

21. Cuprous macrumors member

Installed the update now my two iPhones can not connect to wifi. Any tips on how to revert back to the old firmware. I already tried a restore to factory settings but this did not help

22. HailToTheVictor macrumors regular

Wooo!!! Connecting to external drives no longer takes forever!!!!

23. shayn macrumors newbie

my airport express hasn't worked since 7.4.1. It's now working again with the new update. Happy days.

24. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

My remote HD came up faster than ever. Hope it helps you.

25. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

I have 2 Air Port Expresses, running airport utility 5.4.2 and I'm not seeing this update. When i try to DL it from apple.com it takes me to some support document.