Latest Album You Purchased

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Frozentoast, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Frozentoast macrumors 6502

Frozentoast

As the title says, what was the last album you bought and how did you like it? (CD or Otherwise)

2. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

The latest one is "Mike Koglin - VS" it's a great cd with a lot of awesome artists. I don't think very many people here even know who Mike Koglin is, he is one of the greatest producers of our time. He started out getting known as that DJ who did the remix of "The Silence". Which is an awesome song btw. "Enjoy the Gravy" is another good song which is a remix of The Silence.

There is an interesting thing about this though. I remember playing a game on the Xbox called MTV: Music Generator 3. It had this song called "Hear Me" and it was by Mike Koglin. I looked all over the net and I could not find the song. So I found Koglin's myspace and I sent him an email telling him about that song, seeing if he really was the one who made it.

I got an email back about a week later and he said he forgot about that song. So he did all the legal stuff and what-not and he put it up on BeatPort, which is awesome btw, and it's now available for the world, darn smashing I say!

But yeah, it's a great cd with a lot of great tunes, I like about 12 out of 15 tracks on it, and it is a continuous mix so all the songs flow together, and it goes in the genre of Techno/Trance or just Electronica.

3. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

Last one I bought was off iTunes. It was Brad Paisley - 5th Gear. Great Album.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

"The Paper Scissors" album 4 weeks ago.

Also, I paid around $10 for "In Rainbows" several weeks ago.

Before that, it must had been 2 years ago that I bought an album. I tend to buy albums from artists that I know. Like when Portishead or The Hives' new album is released, I'll be buying those. I just didn't really like the musicians who have released albums of late.

5. eric55lv Guest

eric55lv

"The Truth" by La Rocca its great got it on iTunes

6. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Neil Young - Chrome Dreams II which was released on Tuesday. I actually got two copies free because I bought tickets to two Neil Young concerts, and I received my first copy on Monday. I used to buy 2 or 3 albums a week at least, but lately I've slowed down quite a bit and it's more like an album every week or two.

7. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

8. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

The Hoosiers - The Trick To Life.

... Not got around to listening to it yet...

9. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I got these two at the same time:

"Make Sure They See My Face" - Kenna

MSTSMF upon the initial listen was a bit disappointing. I had high hopes since i've been waiting for this album since 2003 when Kenna's first album "New Sacred Cow" was released. MSTSMF does not have the same organic feel that NSC does, but when you listen a second time the album opens up and I have since found myself listening to it non-stop. The tracks are a more unified sound, but there is so much there to love, 9 out of 10 in my book.

"The Alchemy Index Vol. I and II" - Thrice

With each subsequent release i've found myself liking Thrice less and less following their album "The Artist In The Ambulance." A good deal of publicity had been made about The Alchemy Index not being like "Vheissu" which I did not care for. Now that the album is available, i've been quite disappointed. The concept of the 4 EPs for the 4 elements in neat, but the music is boring and too muddy sounding. A trip back to the sound quality of "The Artist In The Ambulance" would have been excellent. 6 out of 10.

10. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

Off iTunes I bought Jody Gnant's new album Pivot... Cracking album

11. Queso macrumors G4

These compilations by Radio Monte Carlo. Absolutely fantastic :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Info (in Italian)

12. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I bought a compilation album yesterday, as it happens – Radio 1’s live Lounge Two – and I’m having a listen to it at the moment. It’s pretty decent – live performances and quirky cover versions by top acts such as Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian and Natasha Bedingfield to name but two. :p

13. bartelby macrumors Core

I got a promo copy of the Bossk CD in the post yesterday. Does that count?

14. calculus Guest

calculus

I'm waiting for the new Rilo Kiley and Jim White CDs to arrive.

Downloaded the new Blood Red Shoes single last night...another splendid record.

15. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

Last album I bought was 'What Sound' by Lamb from iTunes. It is a few years old now, but is still a cracker. Lou Rhodes has got a quirky voice, but it really works in this context.

16. tyr2 macrumors 6502a

tyr2

The last one I bought was the 'City Centre Offices Sampler' from Boomcat, only £1.99 for a digital download for 27 tracks at 330kbps MP3. What a great way to distribute a sampler.

The last proper album I bought was Steingarten by Pole.

17. wozzlewoozle macrumors regular

18. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

The last album I "purchased" is Alright, Sill - Lily Allen

19. iGav macrumors G3

Sexor (Collector's Edition) by Tiga

&

Odyssey by Fischerspooner.

Bought them both off iTunes yesterday, using my Coca-Cola songs that need to be used before the first of November or something.

Will be picking up the The Rejection E.P. by Dangerous Muse later today, and maybe Prinzhorn Dance School's debut album too, but I'm still not sure about them.

And I'll be ordering Underworld Oblivion With Bells from play.com or Amazon (depending on who is cheapest) this weekend, as you need to encode in Loseless to appreciate Mr Hyde & Mr Smith at their finest. ;)

20. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Ohhhh, I didn't know there was another one. Cheers Jaffa.

21. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

22. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

Feist's new album- the one that the "1,2,3,4" iPod commercial song is on. I listened to the album and iTunes and liked quite a few songs on there, so I picked up the cd at a store one day. I like!

23. mahashel macrumors 6502

mahashel

Sevendust - Alpha

It's "meh" in every way, but always fun driving music. lol

Jamesarm97: thanks for posting that Gahan has a new album out. I may have to pick it up. Always loved his sound.

24. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

a sort of special 3 cd pack album of jimi hendrix songs. 50 songs for 7 €

25. David G. macrumors 6502a