Launch Day

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by techspin, Aug 8, 2014.

1. techspin macrumors 6502a

Hopefully this isn't repetitive! Historically, how early do you have to show up to get a phone before they run out? Also do all stores open at a different time for launch? :)

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

It is repetitive.

Just going to have to wait till launch gets closer. Apple stores may have special hours and no one know how many each would get to sell.

I would NEVER wait in line and just orderr and have it sent to my office, but some seem to love the "event"!

3. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Yes, it is very repetitive. People keep asking this question and nobody knows for sure what is being announced, when it will be available for sale, if supplies will be tight or wide open, or if demand will be high or low.

for what it is worth, the past some stores and ZERO lines, some had people in line for days. Some had enough supply all day, some ran out at 9am.

So, even if history repeats itself, we still can not answer the question.

4. techspin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Heheh true. We'll see if I can waltz in at noon and pick one up.

5. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

6. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

The wait in line on June 29, 2007 was quite an event.

7. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Waiting in line can be fun!!

I parked my car in front of a Verizon store at a strip mall at midnight, waiting for the Iphone 5. It was kind of fun using my LTE Ipad to check the blogs of people all over the country lining up at various Apple and non-Apple stores. It was a cool September evening and my car heater kept me nice and warm. The next guy came at 5 am. My Verizon store got 2 Iphones and he and I got one.

I think the demand will be unprecedented for this phone. We can only hope that Apple has been able to produce enough for launch day and beyond.

8. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Well of you people like to wait in line, ENJOY!

I am running a company with over 35 employees and every hour of my time is valuable to me or someone else. I am jealous how much free time some seem to have.

Does anyone here work?

Anyway, maybe I will see you on the news as the line can be spectacular.

9. nostresshere macrumors 68030

You may be right, but I know lots of people that do not want a "bigger" phone. It will interesting to see how this plays out. I would like some new features,but not a bigger phone myself.

10. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Yeah. I took off work early for the original iPhone launch so that I could start the line at a nearby AT&T store. I've waited in line several times, but I prefer to preorder nowadays.

11. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

So you work every waking hour of the day, 7 days a week. 52 weeks a year?

I hope you're extremely rich. If not, and you don't have a few hours in an entire *year* to blow frivolously then I kinda feel bad for you.

12. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Oh you are so very important.

13. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Not, just means I got better things to do than stand in a line next to you!:p

14. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

Just because someone waits in line doesn't mean they don't have a job. I wouldn't wait in line but it doesn't mean some don't enjoy the experience. I also refuse to spend my waking life working 24 hours a day. Stop and smell the flowers. Someday you'll realize you missed out on life.

15. Brian Y macrumors 68040

There is no event any more like there used to be. It's just lines of scalpers these days.

16. nostresshere macrumors 68030

They have flowers in those wait lines?

Wow - who knew.

17. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I'm waiting in Oct. to purchase one. I like reading all the complaints (gates) from those that got them first. :D

18. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Well I just got back from offshore fishing in my Luhrs, the fish smelled good. I do not feel like I am missing anything.

I do not work 24/7, never said I did. But my time is more valued by me to stand in a line waiting to get an iPhone.

19. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

That's nice, you should always save time for yourself and your family. Just don't discount what others deem fun things to do in their lives. I actually do think the experience of waiting in line for an iphone might be fun to experience once. Will I ever do it? Probably not. I live too far from an apple or att store to make that work out. I'd rather get up at 3 am and order one and be done with it lol.

20. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I agree. I've never waited in line and I've always had the new iPhone within a few days of release. When the 4 came out my preorder arrived a day before the official street date. For the 5s I ordered one from Best Buy on release day and I had it 5 days later. If you want to stand in line more power to you. I just don't see the point.

21. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I do not forget that people come in all flavors and if waiting in line is good for you, that is what choice is all about.

I do the 3am thing, too. Last years I was done in 15 minutes and back to sleep. My 5s arrived at 9:45 at my office and was restored and out on the road by 10:30. I drove by the ATT store and there was no one in line so I pulled in and bought another 5s for my VP. His 4 was in need of a rest.

22. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I don't stand in line and I have employees too.

23. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

I don't do launch days.....what's the luxury of them? Bragging rights to say "I've had an iPhone (insert number) since say 1!!!!1!1!1"

No, I don't want that. I just get my things one or two months after they come out. (iPad mini - November 2012, I got it in December. iPod touch - September 2012, I got it in February 2013. iPhone 4 - June 2010, I got it may 2012.)

It's still the same product wether I buy it the first day or buy it the day the next one comes out.

:rolleyes:

24. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Thank God I work for a company that offers vacation days and personal days. To be honest though, I just order online. I'm not going to stand in the Texas heat for hours.

25. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

My average employee get 2 weeks vacation and 5 personal days a year unless you have been with me for over 5 years you get three weeks vacation!

Almost all of the order and have them delivered to my office so it can be signed for. When the 5S came out, 8 boxes arrived opening day! It was an exciting day at the office to say the least.

Thank God you have a job!:apple: