Leakage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by callmemike20, Apr 17, 2011.

1. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

My iPhone 4 has been off the charger for 24 hours (exactly). It also has 23 hours and 48 minutes of usage and 1 day of standby. I did NOT use my iPhone for almost 24 hours! I think some apps are leaking usage in the background.

So far, the main suspects are Sirius XM and Words with Friends. However, sirius isn't playing any music, but the multitasking of the app seems buggy to me. As for words with friends, everyone complains about it draining the battery.

Does anyone know of an app that can tell me which apps are actually using up my battery (or using memory/cpu when it shouldn't)?

My battery was at 5% just before I posted this with 24 hours since the last charge and 23 hours 48 minutes of usage. I've only used it for maybe 3 hours max.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Double tap the home button and see if you’re running anything in the background.

There are also a number of apps that tell you what processes are running (Monitor, System Activity Monitor, Systeminfo), so get one and see if there’s a launch daemon causing your issue.

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

That happens to me occasionally. Usually it fixes it self after a few days or a restore does it. I restore from backup, but I bet if I restore as new, it would go away permanently.

4. callmemike20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

Thanks. I'll try this. I think I may do a restore first just to reduce the number of variables.