Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
I would go back to the C line of they included Touch ID, Apple Pay, and the camera from the 6. I loved my iPhone 5c when I had it, IMO one of Apple's best feeling phones. It would be cool to do a Moto Maker concept with the C line too.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
As much as I like the feel of the "C" models, there is no space in the current product line for this.

Ugly color, but its a nice move, glad to see apple adding a 6c to the line up. I do miss my iPhone 5c.

It looks like it would essentially be an "iPhone 5CS" which suggests that Apple doesn't want to retain the pricier iPhone 5/5S production process for what will be the cheapest option in most countries.

BCWorld

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2011
Atlanta GA
Terrible! I almost cried when I saw this. Why would apple make this iphone again? No one wanted it the first time????

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
I'll say it again for this as I did with the 5: I wish these casings were available for the same internals we have with the real 6 and 6+.

Candy-like or not, they look nice. :)

Yeah, I'd like that too.

I like the vibrant, energetic feel of these. Since a phone lives in your pocket, it's great if it can really pop when you do bring it out (especially considering that we're moving to a future where wrist-worn devices will cause us to keep the phone in our pockets more often)

But I had to go with a 6+ for the power, screen and other improvements.

groovyd

Suspended
Jun 24, 2013
Atlanta
These are going to turn into the new cool. They are especially valuable for giving kids (cheaper and stronger against drops) and having it refreshed every other regular release makes a ton of sense from an engineering design perspective. You get last years internals smaller screen, cheaper housing for free is a great proposition for a certain market segment.

Smartass

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2012
they obviously still have too many 5c shells laying around in their stocks and just decided to drill couple more holes into them, throw a 4" displays that were left from 5 and 5s, insert camera from 5s, price the whole thing 100$ cheaper than 6 and voila - new phone with even more profit

but even that wont save it from failing like 5c did

satchmo

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
I never had an issue with the plastic.
I just had a problem with the lack of masculine colours.

Give me midnight blue, or black and don't dumb down the specs too much, and I'd consider a 6c.

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
If they're using the 5S internals, why not just buy a 5S now if you're waiting on this? They're both 4 inch phones but one uses quality materials like aluminum. So silly.

I don't disagree. Especially since you can find a range of storage capacities if you get a used one.

I can't imagine going back to a 4" phone for myself.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
These are going to turn into the new cool. They are especially valuable for giving kids (cheaper and stronger against drops) and having it refreshed every other regular release makes a ton of sense from an engineering design perspective. You get last years internals smaller screen, cheaper housing for free is a great proposition for a certain market segment.

That's apparently what Apple thought of the 5c. 'The phone for everyone'. Not pretentious, and in different colors too. If it had different guts, it no doubt would have sold a lot better. I'd think that they learned their lesson, but we'll see...

skinned66

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2011
Ottawa, Canada
Where everything appears to sit it I wonder if they're just going to re-package the 5S guts. Based on the locations of the changes that's what it looks like. Maybe they'll have a slight spec bump with and minimize retooling if they drop the 5S.

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
As much as I like the feel of the "C" models, there is no space in the current product line for this.

It will be a 4" 6c and do not underestimate the customer base for such a device. REMEMBER: "Start them off young" on their 4" 6c. MANY parents will purchase this for their "young Children." Apple's way of countering the trend to get the "little ones" Flip Phones.

Always think 5-10 years down the road. Hook them early, and reel in slowly. :apple:

Reason077

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2007
So, we basically have the iPhone 5c with upgraded internals? Sounds great! A lot of people will be very happy with this.

Just please, Apple, please don't ever release it with only 8GB! 16GB should be the minimum for this, and 32GB minimum for all other models!

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
Terrible! I almost cried when I saw this. Why would apple make this iphone again? No one wanted it the first time????

Really? No one? Perhaps the demographic I work at is a little different (college campus), but I see them EVERYWHERE.

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
If the 6c is basically a 6 with a plastic shell, I don't see it selling very well...

But if it's actually better, in some incredible way, I might be tempted to upgrade. I wonder if there will be a 6c+ or 6+c in plastic...

Actually, that is what a lot of people have been clamoring for. 6 internals in a 5C shell.

That would sell a surprising amount but I just don't see it happening. 5S internals at best, hopefully 32GB but most likely 16.

No - if there is a '6C' it will be a 4" screen.

BruiserB

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2008
The 5S wasn't a bad phone. It would be nice if they could somehow add ApplePay to this. That would make it a very cool budget iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.