Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

233313-ipod_nano_4g_spy1_400.jpg

Engadget posts what is claimed to be an actual photo of one of the new "tall" iPod Nanos. Rumors have been persistent that the iPod Nano would see a return to the "tall" form factor next week. The larger screen will reportedly allow for better viewing of video content.

The image also appears to be the same source image of an obscured photo published by MacNN earlier this evening. They felt confident that this was a "verified authentic photo" of the new iPod Nano. As well, they reported that the other Nano colors would be "more vibrant" than the current pale hues of the 3rd generation iPod Nano.

Article Link

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Stop tempting me Apple. I'll need to see the feature set first though!

In before VisualHub (or Handbrake) update.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
I like it as well. Also, although it's hard to tell from the photo, this appears to "confirm" the curved shape, no?

I like the idea of a curved form-factor, although I'm curious to see how it will affect screen glare.

Also, I'm glad the colors seem to be more vibrant; the current pastel colors just never did it for me.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
so where did all the people that hated the design go? :)

arn

Chandler Adaway

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
Beaumont, TX
I like that color.
Hope the rest are just as vibrant.

Even though I usually buy black iPod's. Ha.

so where did all the people that hated the design go?

arn

There are always haters at first, but most, if not all come around and end up loving it.

I think Apple's products are so new and uniquely designed that there is a shock factor at first.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Eh, I'm not feeling it as much as before, but we'll see when we get price and GBs

Its not bad, but the whole click wheel feels dated. I'm looking for a new type of Nano, but I guess not quite yet.

new shuffle please!

ivladster

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
Washington DC
Well Apple is moving away from iPods. Its pretty clear. Next generations want iPod, Phone, Game Console, TV, Internet and 1000 other things in ONE. =)
Apple need to make a truly groundbreaking device called: :apple:One

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.