LED wont flash for notifications?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JMC08, Oct 16, 2011.

1. JMC08 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have the option for the led flash on alerts turned on but when I receive any text/email/notification while my phone is locked the flash doesn't go on. The flash works fine in photos and flashlight. what's the issue here?

2. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

Not sure. I wish it would flash periodically but it only flashes when you get the initial notification.

3. htrony macrumors newbie

I have the same problem, my guess is we need to do something else in settings to enable it

4. mikey2004 macrumors regular

I had it set, it worked for an iMessage I recieved but the LED blinked once very quickly, far too easy to miss, i've since switched it off.

5. htrony macrumors newbie

I disabled it and then enabled it, now it works fine surprisingly, hope the same works for you!

6. JMC08 thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Oh ok. So its probably working fine but I'm just missing it. Yet another thing that I'll be using the jailbreak for

7. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

Where is this option in the settings? Not seeing it on my 4S

8. det2004 macrumors 6502

Should be in settings>General>Accessibility

9. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

Ah, thanks. Didn't think to look there. Thanks

10. det2004 macrumors 6502

No problem. Now I just wish that we had a LED notification light on the front of the phone

11. meemster macrumors newbie

This is a bug

A lot of people are reporting that this function is not working, even with the LED setting set ON in Accessibility. I also have the problem. It's ON in the settings, I've switched it on and off, rebooted the phone, made sure the flash is on, the screen is locked and the phone is face down on a table.

I sent myself email test messages, SMS test messages, Words with Friends notifications, what have you. The light does NOT flash.:confused:

12. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

When I turned mine on (just to check it out) It flashed quickely for about 2 seconds.

Couldn't miss it.

13. flyboy0 macrumors newbie

Ok...ok...everyone just chill and relax. this isnt the biggest problem in the world. its a blinking light. isnt the notifications enough for you guys? if you want the led light, then switch to blackberry. nuff said

14. 700-Grizz macrumors 6502

Seems mine only works for some Notifications, not all of them! I really find the Flash Notification USELESS--It flashes once and if you miss it, well then you missed it-- It needs to flash every 10 seconds or so untill you have accepted the notification then it turns off, save your battery and turn it off until at least they can change it and have it flash at a certain duration

15. orange42 macrumors 6502a

This is such a dumb post. Yeah everyone switch to BB cause flyboy told you to and doesn't care that something doesn't work on your phone that YOU want to work, that YOU paid for to work. Yeah just switch to BB and call it a day.

16. clumsythief83 macrumors regular

That feature works for me for SMS but not for emails.

17. Joanna311 macrumors newbie

I had the same issue an after trying everything I realized it only works when the phone is locked

18. MrMacBookPro macrumors 6502

is there an App that we can use for LED notifications? I just tuned my on a few hours ago and received some texts but no blinking light. The convience to having this is important to me instead of checking the phone every ten minutes especially here at work.

19. darster Suspended

Have you phone face down. It's the camera light that flashes.

20. MrMacBookPro macrumors 6502

ok so it works for messages and missed calls?

thanks

21. darster Suspended

I know it works for messages. Make sure screen has gone to sleep. If screen is on, or you are using phone, there will be no flash.

22. MrMacBookPro macrumors 6502

ok it only flashes once so its working... thanks..

23. ZipZap macrumors 601

Its never worked as people think it should. We have a new IOS and it still does not work.

Apple will never fix it.

24. Lovey, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2015

Lovey macrumors newbie

Lovey

I find that offensive, when a phone and I do mean any phone you buy should work the way it was created to work. I'm your opinion you don't care and that's fine but I care because if something is working and then it stops working that means there is a problem that should be corrected. We pay a lot for our phone which are mini computers. I do not wish to have a black berry that sounds like something you like. We are discussing an issue that concerns us if you can't find a way to help them don't bother with the comment. Have a good day.