Left 4 Dead Turbo?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Supaklaw, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Supaklaw macrumors regular

Few games I played yesterday had it, including my single player games but shut off after a while... Valve initiated this or did I miss the memo?

Sorry at work and can't find sites with info since they're blocked.

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

I saw nothing else on the Internet that said 'Left 4 Dead Turbo.' I haven't played L4D for a couple days, though, so I don't know exactly what's going on. Valve is going to introduce a big update to the game in a while though.

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Nothing about "turbo" at the official blog http://www.l4d.com/blog/

Perhaps it's some custom server?
    Or I am guessing your character ate pills when tank or other special infected are very close by.

4. Supaklaw thread starter macrumors regular

It's possible I joined a custom server with a mod installed. After I played on though one, the following 4 servers used the same physics (moon gravity, unlimited ammo, unlimited grenades, hoarde attack on extreme) and then I went to play a single player game and I had same physics working. After the first game a player said "yup l4d on turbo is always fun" so I assumed that was the name of the hack/mod... I've seen a couple youtube vids of the same mod but wasn't sure how my SP got affected, and eventually went away... I am assuming after I quit out of Steam and launched it later. Maybe when joining the server I downloaded the maps/physics and it persisted until I quit?

Either way, was ridiculously fun. On average we were getting over 10,000 kills per person per level.

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

More free maps? :)