Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
I've heard statistics that say the majority of Mac users are left handed because left-handed people use the right side of the brain more often, the right side being the centre of creative thinking whilst the left is the analytical side.

I'm a bit strange on that account, I write with my left hand but do everything else right handed (sport, throwing, using scissors) I react reasonably quickly with both hands but favour my right, my left is certainly the unco arm when it comes to strength but is better for fiddly things like drawing and writing in my tiny spidery handwriting. I consider myself left handed but closer to ambidextrous.

So I guess my question is, who's left handed on these forums?

Shaun.P

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2003
Omicron Persei 8
Hey, I'm left handed. I used to be more creative etc when I was younger, but not really any more. I am more of a logical (good at maths etc) person and I don't have much common sense. Lol.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
That's like saying all ambidextrous people are super-geniuses or something. :confused:

And btw, if I masturbate with my left hand, it feels like someone else is d.........aw forget it. :p

CorvusCamenarum

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2004
Birmingham, AL
I'm with you on being closer to ambidextrous. The only things I do primarily with my right side are write (I was taught that way - no left handers in my primary school class) bowl, and bat (I was the only switch hitter when I played Little League). With just about everything else I tend to favor my left side. I can usually use either hand with equal skill, with the exception of bowling, as I'd have to shell out for a new ball drilled for a lefty and have to deal with both left and right handed averages.

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
right handed.. doesn't matter much for working o nthe computer where i normaly have no problems using a left hand set up
apart from that i'm strictly right handed
except when playing football i can play more accurate with my left foot and more powerfull shots with my left one..don't ask me why

icysummer

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Left-handed writing/scissors, throwing arm left, though I hold a golf club/bat right but tennis racquet left
Also I use my mouse right, useful when writing notes from the computer.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Left handed but I do some things right handed like bat and mouse.

GroundLoop

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2003
I am right-handed all the way. But then again, I don't even try to convince anyone that I am creative. My creativity comes from trying to determine the most efficient way to kill peo....um....defend our nations armed forces.

Hickman

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I can't believe the number of lefties who have "come out" so far. The percentage of lefties in the population should be around 10%, right (correct)??

Or maybe lefties are just more proud and vocal about their left-handedness.

yoak

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2004
Oslo, Norway
I´m lefthanded in writing and killing (no, I haven´t killed anyone, but shoot with my left), but right handed and footed in Sports:eek:

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Right!

BUT! both my cousins are left handed, one of them is ginger. according to ye olde British lore that makes him the devil

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
The the right, on everything

Woof, Woof – Dawg
pawprint.gif

StarbucksSam

macrumors 65816
Nov 21, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I don't believe that left or right-handed is a significant way to determine someone's brain activity or personal traits. According to what was mentioned above, because I'm right-handed, I'm "left-brained", where I'd be better at things like math and science, which I'm terrible at, as opposed to "right-brained" where I'd be better at things like language, which I'm excellent at.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
I'm a righty, but I exercise both sides of my brain. A Technology Project Manager by day, and screenwriter/classical musician by night! :)

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
I am right handed but I am working on becoming ambidextrous. I believe that there is a lot of malleability in the human form and that people are able to overcome a lot of what is built in.

I am actually working on hand independence where I am trying to get my hands to work independently of each other. ie drawing a picture using both hands at the same time to draw different parts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.