Lego - Millennium Falcon

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=10179&cn=245&d=100

Build the ultimate Millennium Falcon™!
This is it - the biggest, most spectacular LEGO® Star Wars model ever! Straight out of the classic Star Wars movies comes the Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon, Han Solo's famous smuggling starship. Every detail of the modified Corellian Engineering Corporation YT-1300 freighter is here, all constructed to scale with LEGO minifigures. At almost 3 feet (90cm) long, it's the ultimate centerpiece to any Star Wars collection!
5000+ pieces and how long would this take to put together!

Wow - its cool, but how many people here would spend $500 on a single lego set? Nutso!

D

dejo

Staff member
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
5000+ pieces and how long would this take to put together!

Wow - its cool, but how many people here would spend $500 on a single lego set?
I am. :D It was a gift to myself after working (and billing) 99 hours in one week on a project a while back. I can't wait for it to ship in late September.

P.S. I'll try and keep track of how long it takes me to build it.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Hmm... that's a pretty big Lego set, but this Lego Star Destroyer is bigger than the Millennium Falcon, although I don't think it's built from as many pieces or is as detailed. I doubt it could do the the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs, either. :p

dejo – cap doffed. Be sure to post some pics once you've got that thing assembled.

Silencio

macrumors 68020
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
"Don't worry, she'll hold together"
("Did you hear me, baby? Hold together!")

A pretty appropriate line for a LEGO kit! :D

As for who would buy a $500 LEGO set? I would buy that one if I could!

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i saw it awhile back. my jaw dropped.

but i think the Star Destroyer is better. :D
and the Death Star one is badass too.

Elrond39

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2005
Utrecht, The Netherlands
If only money were irrelevant... Boy would I ever go to town! :D

Imagine having a miniature armada of Imperial Star Destroyers, and a sized-to-scale Death Star.... well, I guess I would need a house for that! :) Have one massive room as a Death Star... Wow. Drooling.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
I would love to have that. But with the kids right now, probably not a good idea.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Unopened? That's a nice profit for you. I smell an iPhone. :D
lol nah. Although here's the lowdown. Cingular said they gave me my $45 data plan for my new iphone. Yet I have a SLVR...never even inquired about the silly thing. Long story short they turned off all media crap and I missed some messages today.
Unrelated to the falcon story, but hey.

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
Actually two years ago these were $50 at Toys R Us for the Black Friday sale. I picked up 5...still have two or three I think.
Are you sure it's the same one? That one is three feet long... then there's also a smaller Lego Millenium Falcon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEc8v1OWeE4

(not saying I don't believe you, but if you actually got the big one for that price that had to have been a serious pricing error on Toys R Us' part)

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
If you've seen the size of typical Lego people before, then this image gives you a good idea of just how huge this thing is:

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
Lego's Website said:
Limit 5 per customer
Dammit! :rolleyes:

While I loved Lego as a kid, I would never spend $500 on it! I bought a few sets but I stopped there. I relied on my creativity after that, instead of buying sets where some stupid instruction booklet would tell me how to put it together. :p I refused to listen.

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
I've built bigger :p

A friend and I build a rathe pathetic (compaired to the Falcon) large castle once.

All this lego talk is making me miss my old legos :( wish I did not sell them long ago. Atleast I have a few spaceships left.

fistful

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
Socan
I was all on board until I saw the price. I could afford it at the moment it's just not worth that much to me.

If you think about the price by piece (10¢) it's not so bad.