Lego

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by TWO2SEVEN, Jun 24, 2014.

1. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Just curious who collects Legos here, either for their kids or themselves :)

I loved Legos as a kid, my bedroom closet at my parents house is still full of them, most with their original boxes.

My son is four months old, but I am already getting him started. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dubels macrumors 6502

love legos. The Lego Movie got me sucked back in. Currently building the Simpsons House and have the Ecto-1 waiting. I will post up pictures later. But if you are looking for deals on Legos head over to Brickpicker. Saved me so much money already. Also B&N has Kid Club coupons for 30% off lego sets.

3. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

We do love LEGOS. Congratulations on your kid. Be mindful that the pieces are too small for small kids. My 3 year old boy put one small piece inside his ear. Required anesthesia and surgery like hospital attention. And the 2 year old put one inside her nose. Be extremely careful as this things do happen and could be fatal. For whatever reason they like removing the hands of the Lego figures. Get them DUPLOS instead and fully supervise the play with LEGOS.

4. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

I loved legos when I was a kid, and as I've grown up, they've been retired to a box in a cabinet only to reappear when I want to fix something, like shelves, the refrigerator, or my electric razor's charging base…

[​IMG]

Oddly, this is my second shaving-related post today. :eek:

5. TWO2SEVEN thread starter macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Thank you!

He will start out with Duplo. I only mention him as an excuse to buy Legos again at thirty years old. ;)

I'm glad your kids are ok. :)

----------

Thanks for the tips.

I really want the Ecto-1. Aside from Legos I was really into Ghostbusters as a kid.

You can support the next GB set here:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/60632

6. cderalow macrumors 6502

cderalow

I was huge into lego as a kid (again for a while in college). My wife and I have a couple of construction industry related technic sets in waiting for the days when my kids are a little larger.

i've been tempted to get some out and build on a rainy day.

7. Rossatron macrumors 6502a

not anymore. i have this feeling that the new kits (for the past 10 years, at least) went through a process of "dumb-down". i remember the kits they had when i was a kid - giant castles, tons of parts and what not. the new kits are not even close to that (with the exception of the technical stuff).

8. TWO2SEVEN thread starter macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I can see that. I still have quite a few sets from the early 90s and I remember them being a lot more complicated, which I enjoyed. However, it could just be that we have gotten smarter. ;)

9. TWO2SEVEN thread starter macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

So I just looked up a set on the Toys R Us website. It was $5 cheaper at shop.lego.com and $10 cheaper at Target. Luckily Toys R Us price matches, so I can still get my reward points. :)

10. TWO2SEVEN thread starter macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Ending up going to Target to get this one tonight.

[​IMG]

11. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I absolutely loved Lego as a kid, played with it an awful lot, and got huge fun and pleasure from it. In those days, you simply bought many boxes of generic pieces (or persuaded your parents to buy it for you) which you used and re-cycled endlessly depending on what you wished to construct.

Hardly any of the pieces were limited in use, and could be used for a multitude of things, limited only by your imagination; moreover, the idea that you simply constructed what was pictured on the box - or, were supposed to be limited to that - was completely alien to us.

Nevertheless, a great toy - and one, which as the time, was seen as gender neutral, so my brother played with it, too, as did male and female friends of mine. My parents thought it a positive, healthy, constructive toy, and so were completely open to the idea of supplying more as needed….

12. catfish743 macrumors 6502

catfish743

I've LOVED Legos since I was a kid. I still get one every christmas and put them together. Most recently I've assembled R2-D2 and the London Bridge. I'll have to take pictures when I get home!

13. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

Lego

I do! I like Legos! I've been building with technic lately. Purchased the limited edition crawler, and the unimog when they came out. I love the power functions and pneumatics. Been loving Legos since I was a little kid. Spent several hundred dollars on them. I'm 15 btw.

14. akoskokeny macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Also have this somewhere, but I can't find it. :confused:

Also have some other things like random helicopters, houses, etc. When I was little, I so damn loved LEGOs!

15. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

On an unrelated note, is that the Steve Jobs biography next to the extremely awesome looking Vader?

16. akoskokeny macrumors newbie

Yes, that is! What else could it be :p

17. TWO2SEVEN thread starter macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Not the best pictures since I finished this one late last night. Still trying to play with tilt shift haha :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Pamani macrumors 6502

Pamani

19. TWO2SEVEN thread starter macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Very nice!

20. Pamani macrumors 6502

Pamani

21. TWO2SEVEN thread starter macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

That may be my next purchase. The local Lego store was sold out last time I checked.

22. Acorn, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2014

Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

23. TWO2SEVEN thread starter macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I couldn't resist. :)

[​IMG]

My son's collection so far.

[​IMG]

24. TWO2SEVEN thread starter macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Lego

Just finished, but the lighting in my apartment isn't great. I will post some finished pictures tomorrow.

[​IMG]

25. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

Some quick iPhone photos of what I have on my desk for decoration. Yes, I'm a nerd and proud of it! :)

The Orthanc is the most recent addition, I got it from my girlfriend for my birthday. Took us the better part of a sunday to build.

Attached Files: