Leo is an Android fanboys! Wow!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yodaxl7, Jul 20, 2010.

1. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

Since he is an android fanboy, I think he should not host macbreak weekly. He is still Mac or os 10 fan I guess. He cannot sway me away from an iPhone with his opinions! When he does this week in windows, he doesn't dictate much or ... Android is that of window mobile ce os as ios is ios!! When I listen to apple stuff, i don't want to hear it from an android fan to talk about it! Put Tom as the host!

2. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

Who cares. He can use an Android phone if he wants.

3. Haxoware macrumors member

4. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

Really, so what? Actually, if you've been listening, yes, he does like his Android phone, but he lost his 3G and just got the 4 and says he will probably switch to that full time.

5. pika2000 macrumors 68030

I don't think he's a fanboy. Leo is pretty unbiased imo, and he simply says and uses what he thinks is best. It's not like he's not using those devices, unlike some other podcasters/bloggers. He does use them all, even the N900.
    However:
    -Now he's telling people how things are going back to the old days where you choose a carrier first if you want to buy a cellphone. This is bad, and exactly the thing we want to break free from. There's still no freedom of choice in terms of cellphones in the US. In other countries, I simply pick a phone, and then pick a provider and plan that I want. (heck, even Apple is selling iPhones unlocked straight in countries like Hong Kong, and soon Canada). That's it, plain and simple. They don't have the carriers dictating what phone you can use, unlike here in the US where everything is provider-locked. I am saddened that Leo seems to be glad about things going back to carrier controlled phones. :(
    -Leo is a geek. I don't mind him telling others to use Android phones during twit, but I don't understand why he's doing the same thing during his radio show. I mean he's recommending it to almost anybody, even if they don't really sound like somebody who could even utilize a smartphone. Add on top of that the point above.
    -He's being influenced by the negative spin about Apple recently. Yes, Apple did not do a very good job handling the case, but come on. Leo himself said that AT&T coverage at his place is not good, and yet I don't see/hear him bitching about AT&T as much as Apple. I mean even Dvorak bitch about AT&T more.

Regardless, his view is a lot better and neutral than your average attention-grabber bloggers/podcasters out there. And sometimes it's quite good to hear his opinions in brand specific podcasts like Macbreak or Windows Weekly. That's why I like his podcasts.

6. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

Ok. Stop listening to him then.

7. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

Fanboy is such an overused word on this site.

8. harcosparky macrumors 68020

Leo who?

I guess I am not a fanboy of anything because I don't know who the hell Leo is! :D

EDIT: Oh wait ... I seem to recall a guy named Leo doing a computer show like 15 years ago. It was some kind of "help" program where they addressed problems viewers were having. It can't be that same guy, he has to be dead by now.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I never heard of him, but by using your logic. You believe if anyone choses a phone that's not an iPhone, that excludes him from discussing, or using any other sort of apple products? :rolleyes:

I'm a mac fan, but I prefer my DroidX So should I leave MacRumors and not post anything in the MBP/Mac Pro/OSX forums because of my phone choice

10. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

I thought he was talking about Leonardo DiCaprio. Apparently he's not, and I still have no idea who Leo is.

11. PurrBall macrumors 6502a

PurrBall

Leo Laporte?

He's been fairly objective with regards to Android- he always lists pros and cons of each platform, but has had to give up the iPhone because he can't keep a call without dropping.

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

13. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Haha yeah! His advertising can be contradictory sometimes.

14. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I lost interest somewhere around here:

15. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Who cares if he's a fanboy? It's his network, his podcast/show, he can do whatever he wants!

And to be quite honest, I wouldn't listen to the show if it was hosted by anyone else.

16. drewc1138 macrumors 6502

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?!?!?!?

17. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

It's like a full-on double rainbow across the sky, nobody knows what it means...

18. drewc1138 macrumors 6502

DOUBLE RAINBOW!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

19. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Does your sig say you own a Asus running Windows 7?!?!? Hey when I come to MacRumors I don't want to see threads by people who use other OS's and hardware other than Apple!

PS: Yes he is a fan of OSX and Apple computers ;)

20. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Call for Help and The Screen Savers on TechTV. It is the same guy.

PS: They also have Patrick and the Kevin who started Digg......yeah the same Kevin.

21. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Leo Laporte is one of the most unbiased hosts out there. He's capable of being objective to all products. Guess what? Both Android and iOS support very capable devices, and Leo is able to see the good in both. His iPhone 4 dropped to many calls (a legitimate concern) so he switched to the Droid X (which he loves, and doesn't drop calls). He's not an Android fanboy, he's a fanboy of what works as advertised.

22. percept macrumors newbie

why do people choose sides like it's a gang? that's pretty geekcore. if you're not gettin paid for it...you're just a moron.

23. jacollins macrumors 6502a

You must not listen to Leo LaPorte's podcasts much. He has a bad case of ADD with phones. If AT&T had better coverage in Petaluma, I think Leo would still be using the iPhone.

24. harcosparky macrumors 68020

Wow ... didn't know he was still around.

Tech the show was " Call For Help " on TechTV

I was a viewer of the show and even met him at a live appearance, but damn that was soooo long ago.

I remember him as being a stand up guy who had unbiased opinions.

Oh well, his is a name from the past. Maybe I'll look into what he is doing.

Thanks

25. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

If you enjoyed Call For Help you'll like what he's doing now. He started an internet-only network called TWIT that has over a dozen different shows, with This Week In Tech (TWiT) and MacBreak Weekly being the stand-outs. They broadcast live streaming video as well as video and audio postcasts after the fact. He also still has a syndicated radio show which is more for newbies but a good listen sometimes (also available as a podcast).