Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neoserver

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2003
My question is how are they going to get it to my door in 7 days? I'm in Canada.

I'd llike to know as well. I preordered on Tuesday, and the email i got said it would be delievered by the 26... but I haven't recieved any shipment notices.

lamina

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2006
Niagara
I'd llike to know as well. I preordered on Tuesday, and the email i got said it would be delievered by the 26... but I haven't recieved any shipment notices.

I also pre-ordered on Tuesday. I really hope they come through. I've made arrangements to be home all day.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I also pre-ordered on Tuesday. I really hope they come through. I've made arrangements to be home all day.
For me it's, I can either stay home and install Leopard on Friday night or on the weekend or I can go skiing with my wife now that there is snow on the mountains here and one of the resorts is open ... I'm just itch'n to try my new Rossi Bandit B2 skis.

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California

My only guess is that they will be shipping starting mid next week and doing either next day air or two day shipping. If not, I don't know how they are planning on doing it. I do know that I will be very angry if I do not get Leopard on or before the 26th.

JPyre

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2005
Pistolvania
I think Apple just didn't want anyone to leak the final version to the Web. Most pre-release software betas expire though I am not certain how a beta OS expires.

Quicktime wont update I believe, and I forget what else, but I think it will still work as an OS long enough to purchase when 10.5.1 comes out. ;)

MacFly123

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2006
Cs3?

Can anyone in here confirm that CS3 (specifically Photoshop) works ok with Leopard??? That is my only concern for upgrading. Has anyone used CS3 with the Leopard builds? How was it??? Thanks. :D

Ludde

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2007
It would have been a really nice gesture to give us pre-orderers T-shirts too :(

koobcamuk

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
My only guess is that they will be shipping starting mid next week and doing either next day air or two day shipping. If not, I don't know how they are planning on doing it. I do know that I will be very angry if I do not get Leopard on or before the 26th.

Didn't it say "shipping on October 26th" on this website?

http://www.apple.com/uk/hotnews/

So I guess, you won't get it until 27th at earliest. That's my guess...

Doubtful

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2006
Can anyone in here confirm that CS3 (specifically Photoshop) works ok with Leopard??? That is my only concern for upgrading. Has anyone used CS3 with the Leopard builds? How was it??? Thanks. :D

Yup, CS3 works just fine. I had CS3 Design Premium installed on a previous Leopard build and it worked great. Although, I never did any really intensive stuff while using the programs in CS3, but when I was working with it I never experienced any crashes.

illitrate23

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2004
uk
if the GM has been kept internal - does that suggest that there are possibly some extra features that Apple haven't announced yet?
like those secret features that Steve was going on about last year and was saying they were keeping secret so that no one else would copy them?

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
if the GM has been kept internal - does that suggest that there are possibly some extra features that Apple haven't announced yet?
like those secret features that Steve was going on about last year and was saying they were keeping secret so that no one else would copy them?

Doubt it

SLAPSHOTW

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2004

These were announced a little while later at the next event. New desktop, new finder, etc...basically anything that wasn't announced the first time.

nvbrit

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2007
Reno, NV
T-Shirts

From what I understand the free t-shirts go to the first 500 people through the door after 6pm, not just to people buying Leopard. So if you've bought Leopard online you can still go to an Apple store and get a t-shirt if you so wish

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.

No, this is just to prevent people from Arring it.

Though it'll definitely happen.

My moneys on a Leopard GM torrent being online within 20 hours of release.

Most likely within 4.

I'm not stickin for the launch. I have work. Plus then, wow, t-shirts. That I cant fit into.

F/reW/re

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2001
Norway
I'm going to New York on Oktober 31 and I was planning on getting a MacBookPro. What I'm wondering is if the Apple Stores have these in stock? Do I have to order in advance?
The reason I'm asking is because here in Norway it takes weeks to get a MacBookPro..

ukp

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2007
This week, Apple announced that Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard had been completed and will be launched on Friday, October 26th at 6 p.m. nationwide.

Apple's retail launch of Leopard will take place at 6 p.m. local time at Apple Retail stores across the U.S.

I guess as much as some people think only the USA exists on planet earth, I think you will find that Leopard will be released Worldwide and at Apple Retail stores across the World.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.