Leopard on my TiBook (500MHz).

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
Well, I finished installing Leopard on my 500MHz TiBook, and I semi-documented the process. I think I will continue making videos of this nature surrounding my PowerBook.

Next, I'll be making a 'tuning' video and eventually a TFF video using @eyoungren's settings.

Reactions: LightBulbFun

MagicBoy

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2006
Manchester, UK
I cant imagine leopard on a 500Mhz PowerPC:p
I installed it a couple of days ago on my 667Mhz and it's OK, not noticeably slower than Tiger if I'm honest. 1Gb RAM and a 7200rpm drive will help though.

I used an on original retail DVD from launch day so the 10.5.8 update took a good couple of hours to run through though. I'd forgotten how nice the packaging was ... and that I paid £85 for it. :eek:

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
@128keaton Very good video for the beginner PPC enthusiast. How much faster is the "streamlined" version of Leopard over a stock 10.5.8 install?
Not much, but it's noticeably faster. I've made videos since iMovie HD, I just never published them since I was embarrassed by my voice.

MacCubed

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2014
Florida
Don't worry about your voice, I posted a minecraft video when I was in 7th grade and I never took it down. Good thing no one knows the channel name

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
The one thing that has always bothered me about Leopard is that even on a high end GPU in a G5, it always seems to have slower animations than Tiger. Disabling BeamSync and enabling QuartzGL but it is still particularly evident in the Dock animations.

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
Central New Jersey/ North Virginia, USA
Don't worry about your voice, I posted a minecraft video when I was in 7th grade and I never took it down. Good thing no one knows the channel name
I deleted my YouTube channel from when I was in 7th grade because I hated my voice as well as the quality of my videos. I'm going to probably reboot it this summer though. I have another channel, but I keep starting and stoping it and I tried to turn it around and went no where, but I'll just abandon that one and restart my original channel.

MacCubed

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2014
Florida
I deleted my YouTube channel from when I was in 7th grade because I hated my voice as well as the quality of my videos. I'm going to probably reboot it this summer though. I have another channel, but I keep starting and stoping it and I tried to turn it around and went no where, but I'll just abandon that one and restart my original channel.
Yeah for me hopefully I can start posting more videos over the summer

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.