Leopard: One more issue

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rmeyer52, Oct 1, 2007.

1. rmeyer52 macrumors newbie

The new version of Leopard is indeed close to being ready but as a developer I did find one more issue: mail crashes when you use stationary and have "ckeck spelling before sending" in preferences. They are working on the issue. I think Leopard will make October but be late in the month.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I can't wait for this update, but I don't want a buggy OS...oh the agony!

3. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

If you are a developer can you please explain to me why you broke the NDA and started a discussion about a bug report ?

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Not to be the NDA police or anything but i remember a time when you posted screenshots of an earlier build so perhaps this isn't that bad.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I see where the problem comes in! :eek: ;) :D

Well, definitely thanks for the update! Hopefully it'll be much smoother than the Tiger rollout and everyone will be happy! :)

6. Sbrocket macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

Thanks for reminding us of the fact that bugs still exist in a pre-release build of Leopard. Oh, wait...

Bugs are fixed daily, and 9A559 must have tons of them. Most of them have probably already been fixed internally. Remember that, as a developer, you only get periodic seed releases. What you experience in using 9A559 is not what the current state of Leopard is.

Oh, and stop breaking your NDA.

7. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Don't worry. No real developer would risk their job for a stupid post about a non-existing Leopard bug.

8. rmeyer52 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah ignorance is BLISS..my developer status expires this month and frankly I am not going to renew. It takes hours and hours to download Leopard and with only two support incidents it's just not worth it. And yes it is a real bug mail does crash when you use stationary and have "check spelling before sending" and engineers are working on it. I am running Leopard on an iMac 2.33/ 3GB of RAM. Other than that it rocks..I especially like Time Machine so much better than Windows system restore.