Leopard Up-to-Date Program

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Hoo03, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Hoo03 macrumors regular

FYI. It looks like if you purchased your Mac post October 1, 2007 you are entitled to upgrade to Leopard for $9.95.

Here is the official link to apple website that list out all the details:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/

2. Queso macrumors G4

3. Nonentity macrumors member

I second that, Will be annoyed if they don't include us in this!

4. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

The pages haven't updated on the UK side yet.
    Could I through this add an iMac, iPod and Leopard so I can get the iPod rebate and Leopard in one go?
    I'd order now if that's the case.

EDIT: Althought the page asks for information on the Mac that you have "purchased", I think.
    For those also wondering:

5. Queso macrumors G4

They normally do, it's just they haven't updated the OSX pages on the UK website yet.

6. saltyzoo macrumors 65816

saltyzoo

woot! bought mine on Oct 1. :D I never get this lucky.

7. Nonentity macrumors member

There are links on the product pages in the Shop, however atm it just takes you to the Leopard overview page, it also says :
    you're eligible to get Leopard after it's released for just £5.95

8. teiresias macrumors regular

I was going to wait and buy an iMac late enough that Leopard would be pre-installed, but I'm wondering if I should just buy now, to take advantage of up-to-date, but get an iMac with Tiger just in case there happen to be alot of bugs or something in Leopard at release, and wait for them to be ironed out before installing it.

Decisions, decisions . . . .

9. Queso macrumors G4

Personally I would do that if I were you. It doesn't hurt to be cautious, not for the sake of £5 anyway.

10. theanimala macrumors 6502

That is exactly what I just did. Bought the 24" from Amazon.com since it has a $100 rebate if bought by Oct 22nd, also no sales tax or shipping. I will use tiger for a few weeks, then just wipe the system clean and start with a fresh install of Leopard next month some time. I like have the option of both OS's for the same price. Unless you mind installing it yourself, I see no reason to wait (and in my situation it would cost $100 more).

11. teiresias macrumors regular

Yeah, it's tempting. I'm still debating where to order from to get the best deal though. I need to sit down and do a comparative spreadsheet, because I'm a US Federal Government employee, so I can buy from the government store which gives me a modest discount, so it sort of makes going to macmall.com or amazon sort of a wash in terms of savings since I want the wireless keyboard and mouse and to up it to a 500GB harddrive. The wireless thing MacMall offers, but I couldn't find any 24" options from them that offered the 500GB HDD.

Ah well, figuring out which is cheapest will be my task when I get home tonight.

12. theGAPkid macrumors regular

Thought Id ask here as my post was deleted elsewhere :rolleyes:

As a UK student, the buy a Mac get a free iPod offer is still current. Does this mean if I buy a macbook tonight I will benefit from a laptop pre-installed with Tiger a free/partly free iPod, then use the "up-to-date" program to purchase Leopard for £5.95???

If true, Im in there. what a deal. for £700 i get a macbook, iPod and Leopard :D:D:D:apple::apple::apple::D:D:D

13. Nonentity macrumors member

As far as i know thats fine, I ordered an iMac last week with an ipod classic (going to get the rebate) and i'll be getting the leopard up-to-date, So they better allow this! 20" 2.4ghz iMac + 80gb ipod Classic + leopard for less than a Grand? Bargain!

14. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Does anyone know how difficult the Up-To-Date deal is to process? If its too complex I'll just hold on a week :)

15. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Yep I got a 20" iMac (2.4Ghz) an 8GB Nano and now Leopard for £886. You can't get better than that :).

16. Metallix macrumors newbie

Quick question for those who are taking advantage of the Up-to-Date Program:

If you qualify your machine using the web form and preorder Leopard online, do you still have to mail in photocopies of your receipts and such? Or are the photocopies only required if you are mailing in a printed copy of the order form?

17. theman macrumors 6502a

when will computers start shipping with leopard? only those ordered after the 26th, or sooner?

18. wazgilbert macrumors regular

So that's us out of it. Thanks Apple. We get the highest prices on the globe, and no benefits. $129 = £89 !!! I wish I was earning their commission at the beaureu de change!

19. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

20. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Well that is the US site it stands to reason it would say that. Wait until the UK site is updated.

21. cptpower macrumors regular

cptpower

According to a guy in a different thread:

So, if you order a Mac after 6pm (local time I guess) on the 26th, then it'll have Leopard pre-installed. Might want to give the Apple Store a call to verify that though.

22. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I was wondering the same thing. I just completed mine, and it took my info, got my CC payment, and I got the email saying it was received. It never asked for a copy of the invoice. Maybe it knows by the serial #???

23. cervaro macrumors regular

Ordered mine a couple of hours ago, but the Apple Store/reseller link did a 404 error, so will have to post the paperwork instead. :(

24. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

Oh gosh, the iPod deal and now this confirmed.
    I'm so ready just to order tomorrow. What would anyone else do? Should I wait and just buy a system with Leopard?

25. backsidetailsli macrumors 65816

backsidetailsli

i ordered my mbp before but recieved it after. do i qualify?