Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
I haven't had any problems with "Upgrades" at all.. and some on boxes the "Upgraded" from Jaguar -> Panther -> Tiger.

That being said, what I will do, and encourage you to do the same:

Get an external HD.

Use SuperDuper to clone your boot device to the external HD.

Confirm that it is a bootable, functional, full backup.

Wipe the boot drive and install Leopard.

During the initial account creation process, you will be asked if you want to import data from another drive.

Guess what? You do!

Use your bootable, full backup, to import your previous data into your new Leopard install.

If Leopard isn't working out for you or you want to wait until the first patch, you can always go back to your bootable, full backup.

The best of all worlds.

I have spoken.

MacHipster

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
Chicago/London/Sydney
I understand what you mean there... I feel the same way. My real question is, is that real or perceived?? In other words, is that a practice we picked up from M$ winblows, and not needed with OSX? Is there any *REAL* advantage, other than not having to reinstall apps and move data?

I'm afraid I have no honest way of answering that. I think it may be a habit that I picked up from using Windows and very well may be a placebo. I must admit that I've never done an archive and install, so my feedback is suspect.:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.