Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Should the Leopard delay cause a 4-yr Vista use?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 66 100.0%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Tell him there will be a properly working version of Leopard available long before a properly working version of Vista. So far, everyone I know who installed Vista went back to XP.

My sister regrets it heavily, her comments "it is slower", " it always pops up with problems", "just eye candy features that i wont need or use", "can you install XP for me again"

DeaconGraves

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
Dallas, TX
Honestly, if he's been using a PC and has been completely satisfied with it in the past, he might as well stick with it. No sense changing just because you can or to look cooler with you macbook. (The "Apple's failed me" comment sounds like someone just trying to make excuses not to switch).

If he's off to college you might have him check on whether or not they have a good discount with microsoft. If he can pick up a vista upgrade for less than $50 and try it out on his current setup, that can help in his decision. Depending on how old his current pc is it might not run at full speed but at least he'll be able to look at the new features and figure out if he likes it.

Personally, while I found Vista to be stable and crash-free during my use of it, I hated the feel of Vista (too heavy and glossy if that makes any sense) and found the new security features (cancel or allow) to simply be more hand holding that makes things more complicated to access as opposed to actually being more secure. I switched back to XP and once the back to school promotion starts I'm buying a macbook (or mbp depending on the new specs). I'll be waiting until Christmas to upgrade to Leopard (just in case anything buggy happens :p )

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
Refuse to ever speak to him again because he is no longer cool enough to be your friend. And if he has a girlfriend, steal her away from him by flashing your Mac at her and telling her how it is smooth and shiny and has a large screen. :p

i'm a girl.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.