Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The.Glorious.Son

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
I have used the 4.7" for 98% of the time over the past 2 years and was thinking this would be the year that the plus would just pull away. And the opposite happened. The 7 got OIS, the same main camera, and closed the gap on battery life. Anyone still torn with only 45 minutes to go?

Reactions: bchreng

swedegirl

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2015
Not at all. I bought the plus last year and in going back to the regular size. Too big for pockets and my small purses, and too heavy! I'm going to miss the screen size ...

ClutchThese

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
Alexandria, VA
If you've never had the plus size.... It's a brick!

I got the iPhone 6 Plus the day it released... Used it for two weeks and had to go to the 4.7, it's just a pocket monster, too big if you have an active lifestyle.

Reactions: ag29

Buckeye85

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
Yes, I am getting the 128 jet black, still dont know this size though. Im leaning the plus though

Russiaone

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
7 Plus 256 Matte LeBlack

If I'm going to the bank for this phone, might as well break it.

appygirl82

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2012
Oregon
Nope, 7+ 128g (matte black)! I used the smaller size (6s) a few weeks back and HATED it! I guess I am to used to the Plus :cool:

iregret

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2012
Ya know, having used the iPhone 6+ for the last 2 years, I swore that I'd never get another phone that big again. Its the camera though. Dammit. I want to go with the smaller one, but I want that camera. I have a feeling apple will be releasing some interesting software updates for that camera. Possibly after the fact focus ability.

That and 3 gigs of ram on the 7+. Ugh, heres to 2 more years of giant phones in your pockets!

Reactions: Sgt93

benboy12

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2014
When I upgraded from the 5 to the 6, the 6 felt huge. I thought the 6 plus would be way to big. However, the 6 feels kind of small now, so I figured I would try the 7+ and see what happens. If I don't care much for it, I will just pick the smaller size next year with Verizon's annual upgrade program.

hansokl

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
7 Plus black for sure but still trying to decide 128 or 256.... now that I think of it... I've always went with silver/white so not sure what the hell I'm going to do lol

Reactions: appygirl82

Richie2000

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
West Sussex UK
Before the announcement I was considering giving the plus a try this year and the camera upgrades have got me sold on the idea.

128gb plus in jet black for me.

bradbomb

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
I'm going with the 7+ 256GB in Jet Black. I've never had the plus, but the dual camera is a deal breaker for me. Also I like the Jet Black because to me its a throwback to how the 3G looked and I had liked that gloss black look.

ScottM1988

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2012
128GB Black for me. Had the plus for the last 2 years and thinking to go for this one again.
The wife's regular 6 feels so much better in my hand but don't think it outweighs the benefits of the plus.
Battery, screen and especially the camera

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
I have used the 4.7" for 98% of the time over the past 2 years and was thinking this would be the year that the plus would just pull away. And the opposite happened. The 7 got OIS, the same main camera, and closed the gap on battery life. Anyone still torn with only 45 minutes to go?
I would argue that the Plus is even more compelling now than last year - that Dual Lens could be a massive upgrade over the 7's camera. Some people will base their decision on that alone. You do make a good point about battery and OIS though, but that Dual Lens gets me excited and I know nothing about taking pictures

The.Glorious.Son

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
I would argue that the Plus is even more compelling now than last year - that Dual Lens could be a massive upgrade over the 7's camera. Some people will base their decision on that alone. You do make a good point about battery and OIS though, but that Dual Lens gets me excited and I know nothing about taking pictures
I think the ONLY reason I am nervous about the plus camera (I love taking pics and videos) is that it is a fixed 2x optical zoom. So there is no in between. And after the 2X it becomes digital up to the 10x. Without using it, I am just not sure how substantial this will be. The photo depth coming later this year I feel is something that can be done with apps. Hoping it is a bigger difference maker than appears to be to me.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Plus as always.

Not sure about someone commenting it doesn't suit active lifestyles and is a pocket monster. I'm a mere 5'8" and pretty much average in all regards, fits in all pockets easily and I use it at the gym and running etc with absolutely no problems.

Can do loads of tasks one handed too, becomes instinctive in no time.

Macshroomer

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
Plus as always.

Not sure about someone commenting it doesn't suit active lifestyles and is a pocket monster. I'm a mere 5'8" and pretty much average in all regards, fits in all pockets easily and I use it at the gym and running etc with absolutely no problems.

Can do loads of tasks one handed too, becomes instinctive in no time.

But what about super active, professional mountaineering, backcountry snowboarding, etc? I have two key garments for this that there will be nowhere to put the 7+. The 7 yes, but not the 7+..

The.Glorious.Son

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
Here is the 6S in my hand. You'd think the plus would be a natural choice. But it's that upper left corner I cannot reach. I'm a 100% pinky cradle, thumb using one-hander. Hard to break 8 years of habit lol.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 111
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.