Let's ALL Protest!!! Join ME!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by obakri, Jul 2, 2008.

1. obakri macrumors newbie

Ok, I understand paying the extra 10 dollars for 3g data.... But why is AT&T taking away our included 200 text messages??? Why are we having to pay an aditional $5 for that??? That has nothing to do with 3g!!! Can someone post a high level contact information for AT&T and Apple so we ALL can voice our concerns!!! The only way they will listen is if we All act as one!!! I really feel tricked by Steve Jobs speech... We are not dumb people... this is not cheaper but rather more expensive iphone!!! The iphone was $400 + $20 per month for data which included 200 text msg which = $880 over 24 months. The new 3g iphone cost $200 + $30 for data + $5 for text per month which = $1040 Now ask yourself.... Which phone is actulay cheaper???? It's a no brainer $1040 for the 3g.... $880 for the original!!! We are all victims of false advertizing!!! Once someone post the contact info... please flood them with our demands of a truley cheaper iphone as we were promised!!!!!!! :mad:

2. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

3. alejovh1 macrumors regular

there is always T-mobile with cheaper plans! stop complaining if you can't afford the iphone!:mad:

4. mxelre macrumors member

mxelre

You should have a look at our plans here in canada!!! If you guys are getting screwed, we are getting f***ed up the A** big time!

5. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

don't get a 3G phone then, that will show them.

6. obakri thread starter macrumors newbie

No Choice...

We still have to pay the 3g price so Why not get the 3g phone... I am not upset at the price but rather the false misleading advertizement from AT&T and Jobs about a cheaper Iphone... Please contact and demand an explanation!!!

7. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

8. vabigpoppa macrumors member

i dont understand whats so misleading....the iphone is cheaper.....the plan is more expensive in comparison to the 1st gen iphone plan. he only difference is you arent getting a special iphone plan. youre getting a plan like all the other smartphones.

9. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

No current smartphones (aside from the original iPhone) can get a combined voice and data plan. They simply don't exist for current phones. The iPhone plans detailed in the iPhone FAQ are special to the iPhone. Every other phone has separate voice and data plans.

10. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

first of all i'm not complaining as i find the new plans/iphone very affordable and well within my means but......

it is my opinion that steve jobs must think his customers are pretty stupid people that cant calculate that over time the iphone 3G is actually more expensive to own. I hate that he makes it seem like apple is doing everyone a favor by making the iphone so much more "affordable" as if people dont understand what subsidizing means and that apple is still getting the same amount for each phone. seriously does this guy think that people who can afford $2,000 desktops and $1,700 laptops are this stupid? obviously apple owners are for the most part educated people with good jobs and good levels of income. who do you think you're fooling steve?

anyways rant over. like i said i'm not complaining because i can certainly afford the phone and the new plans, but that doesnt make the business practice and deception any better.

11. BongoBanger macrumors 68000

BongoBanger

That's the price. Take it or leave it - no-one's forcing you to buy it.

12. calculus Guest

calculus

Here in so called 'rip-off Britain' the tariffs are excellent :)

13. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Truly. O2 is doing us right. I just got 20 minutes extra a month for the next 3 months free from O2 as well. Anytime minutes.

14. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I really don't think people understand how either of the iPhone plans (1st gen or 2nd gen) work, to be completely honest...

I just posted a a breakdown of it for people like the OP. Its here. I know its really long, but I think you will understand what's going on if you read it.

15. Burton8219 macrumors 6502

How was Steve Jobs lying??? He said that you were getting a cheaper IPHONE not a cheaper PLAN. No where ever did he say anything about it being a cheaper plan. He wasn't doing a keynote on the data and voice plans, he was doing a keynote on the iPhone. He was just talking about the device, not the plans. Use your ears next time.

16. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

There have been a number of posts about the futility and high cost of SMS in general. You have unlimited data, you have RITCH TEXT messaging (email) why would you need/want SMS? SMS is old technology now that so many people have smart phones and can just send emails to eachother. If you still want to send to legacy devices there are services to convert for you like Teleflip.com. I just got a ymail account to get it pushed to my phone in a similar maner but with no extra costs, no size limits and no content limits.

So tell me why I'd want SMS? email > mms > sms > morse-code

EDIT: More info on SMS costs in general http://mobile.slashdot.org/article.pl?no_d2=1&sid=08/07/02/127232

17. brandonzar macrumors regular

I think everyone should boycott the initial launch with the OP........ that way I can waltz into the store at 8:10 a.m. on the 11th, get my iPhone and get on my way. ;)

18. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Please boycott in your living room, that way the line i wait at will be 1 person shorter, and i don't have to look at you while i wait in line.

19. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

That deserves an lol. :cool:

R-Fly

20. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Cool rant.

Where have I seen what you're talking about?

OH YEAH.

IT'S THE SAME FOR ALL THE SMART PHONES!

Besides, the phone is cheaper. AT&T sets the plans. Steve Jobs was correct in saying it's cheaper. He never mentioned about anything over time. He simply said that the iPhone 3G is cheaper than the first iPhone. He never said anything about the amount of money SPENT on USING the phone.

21. jrbdmb macrumors 6502

jrbdmb

And the great American iPhone uprising of 2008 begins ...

[​IMG]

Adding a few SMS messages in the plan would have been a nice bone to throw in, but the iPhone plan is right in line with other voice/data plans on other providers. If you don't wish to pay the going rates for a PDA phone then don't get a PDA phone.

22. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I agree with others that said it is bringing the pricing of the iPhone plans inline with other smartphone contracts. When my wife got her BB Pearl, the data plan was more expensive than the iPhone plan.

Bottom line, if you think its too high, then don't buy one.

23. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

I really wish all the crying poor people just didn't get an iPhone.

24. icewing macrumors 6502

Not for all plans. I've got a 4-phone family plan with Sprint, and ATT wants to charge me $62 more PER MONTH...which ends up being $1488 over the first 2 years alone...

So, as much as I REALLY want an iPhone, ATT has priced it out of my budget. I WON'T be buying on next week.

25. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

jobs: "the iphone is amazing!"

you: "omg."

at&t: "welcome to capitalism!"

you: "moan moan moan *pulls out credit card * moan moan"

ahh, i love consumerism in the morning :)