• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Stream Available: Warning There is a spoiler on the landing page of the stream: Click here to stream the video (with spoiler). If you prefer, you can download the podcast from iTunes (700+MB) but with no spoilers.

Apple will kick off it's "Let's Rock" media event on September 9th, 2008. News sites across the web will cover every announcement in detail, while Apple's site will be updated with any new products announced.

Some readers prefer watching the keynote themselves without knowing the outcome. Unfortunately, there is no live video feed for the keynote. Instead, Apple will likely post a recorded Quicktime stream a few hours after the keynote completes. However, for these smaller media events, there are no guarantees.

For those individuals, we've posted this news story which will be updated with the link to the Let's Rock event once it becomes available from Apple. No other news stories or announcements will be displayed alongside this story.

You can also subscribe to our notification list which will send out an email when the keynote is posted online. The mailing list will only be used for notifications for these spoiler free announcements and you may unsubscribe at any time.

Notify me of Keynote Stream function CheckMultiple5(frm, name) { for (var i=0; i < frm.length; i++) { fldObj = frm.elements; fldId = fldObj.id; if (fldId) { var fieldnamecheck=fldObj.id.indexOf(name); if (fieldnamecheck != -1) { if (fldObj.checked) { return true; } } } } return false; } function CheckForm5(f) { if (f.email.value == "") { alert("Please enter your email address."); f.email.focus(); return false; } return true; };
Apple can take several hours to post the feed. The mailing list can also take up to a couple of hours to send out all the emails. Be patient. Or keep checking this page.

Stream Available: Warning There is a spoiler on the landing page of the stream: Click here to stream the video (with spoiler). If you prefer, you can download the podcast from iTunes (700+MB) but with no spoilers.

Article Link: Let's Rock 'Spoiler Free' Keynote Stream [Stream Available]

Limb

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2007
What about those of us who don't mind spoilers? I'd like to have a (basically) live transcription of everything that goes on. Where can one find such a feed?

-Limb

Comment

xix

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2008
Last time I signed up for the spoiler free email, it took over two days for the email to be sent out. If you don't mind waiting two days, this is for you.

Now watch this get deleted just like every other thing I post on this website.

Comment

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
Last time I signed up for the spoiler free email, it took over two days for the email to be sent out. If you don't mind waiting two days, this is for you.

that's why you just check back here once in a while, a link will be posted. :)

Comment

luckygyrl83

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2008
Fullerton, CA

LOL thats funny. I needed that :D

Comment

DamnDJ

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2003
Denver, CO
Never understood why people want "spoiler free". Isn't that like going to a concert , wearing ear plugs, and just looking at the track list when it's finished?

Comment

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
Never understood why people want "spoiler free". Isn't that like going to a concert , wearing ear plugs, and just looking at the track list when it's finished?

actually, not at all. Watching the stream spoiler free is just allowing Steve to introduce the product to you and not just "aluminum macbooks released"

Comment

fleshman03

macrumors 68000
May 27, 2008
Sioux City, IA
Yes! I'm at work till 2pm EST. Hopefully I can stay away from MacRumors until then. Any ideas as to when the Mp4 will be posted?

Comment

applemax

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2005
And remember, please keep this thread free of all spoilers - don't try to ruin it for anyone. Thanks :)

Comment

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007

No it is the complete opposite - it is like getting a tracklist then going to a concert.

I don't want to know the tracklist before I go to a concert, just like I don't want to know Apple's announcements before I watch the keynote. I love the suspense Steve and co bring to the stage.

Comment

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
I don't want to know the tracklist before I go to a concert, just like I don't want to know Apple's announcements before I watch the keynote. I love the suspense Steve and co bring to the stage.

Your comment may have just made me switch to the spoiler free plan, once again, for the 4th (?) time in a row. I almost forgot what it's like to watch. It's kinda indescribable. You have a faint hint of what's going to happen, but not everything in between, and when everything starts coming out its just wow. Nearly like being there live.

Actually, after thinking about it more and more, I think I'll attempt it again. :)

Comment

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Yeah, signing up for spoiler free is great.

Unfortunately, I forgot to change my homepage last time so I ended up having the Mac Book Air officially revealed to me by the MacRumors front page rather than the keynote.

I'm hoping for a big price drop on the 32 GB iPod Touch. Like... $300 (which is what I payed for my 5G iPod 30 GB that I use right now,) would be a good price. Although I may be willing to spend as much as $400.

I'll be away until 5 PM EST... hopefully the video is up by then.

Comment

Oddgeirf

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2008
Almost cant wait for the keynote to hit the web. Hope they upload it the same day and not days later since this is a smaller presentation than the macworld and wwdc. Im glad im not on work the time when steve jobs hit the stage. Will stay in this forum till the keynote is on the web :)

Comment

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
I would sign up for sure if I was in the states. As it is, I have to wait for 6pm for the keynote to start then a few hours for news to trickle out... if I'm lucky the keynote will be up by midnight... doubt it though. Hence reading along...!

Comment

iTeen

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2007
Washington
I am prepared for the live-blogs tomorrow.

I borrowed a friends iPod touch for wifi, and i subscribed to the SMS updates.

I won't get a ounce of work done in school...o well. :D

Comment

Pippen Man

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
I've never tried having a "Spoiler-Free" event by watching the video after the products were announced. Always had the SMS messages tell me first, but time to try something different since I'll be late coming home from school tomorrow (like 8ish?).

But, I haven't been looking forward to this day since the last iPod event last year. With this event bound to introduce new iPod touches, my good 'ol iPod touch will become old technology. :(

Oh well, here's to another $200 price cut on the iPhone 3G!:D

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.