Let's see your damaged but working MBPs!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Habitus, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Habitus macrumors 6502a

Habitus

All,

Let's start a thread of damaged but working MBPs! I'm sure this has been done before, but let's start a new one. :D

Cracked, dented, damaged screens... Let's see some pics.

Who has the worst damaged but working MBP?

Habitus :apple:

2. Habitus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Habitus

You'd laugh at me! I'm one of the OCD MBP users...:rolleyes: I have a speck case, keyboard cover, trackpad cover, and palm cover. I'd die if I damaged my MBP :eek:

3. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

so its all entertainment as long as it isn't your right ;)

4. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

seriously?? you know its just a computer right??

5. Habitus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Habitus

Give me more credit than that! While I may be OCD with my MBP, my iPods are in bad shape. I'm curious because I noticed a huge dent in my friend's MBP that he's had for 2 months. I know there are some users our there who have it far worse. I think of it as a testament to the durability of Macs :D

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I have a small scratch approximately 1 millimeter long on the underside of my MBP. Based on the number of panicky threads in the MBP forum, I think this qualifies as damaged!!!!!! Too bad it's not covered by Applecare or I'd DEMAND a full replacement by writing an email to Steve Jobs!! I'd take a picture with my iPhone but the camera is only 3 MP :-(

7. Habitus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Habitus

A expensive computer! Aren't I entitled to maintaining the aesthetic appeal of the MBP design :D To each his own, my friend.

8. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

9. Habitus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Habitus

You got me there; failed attempt at a promising thread. Just wanted to see some damaged, but working, MBPs :rolleyes:

There's still hope :D

10. knarzie macrumors regular

dropped my watch on my unibody just as i had decided to sell it and get one with SD card slot and the longer battery life :(

so i got 2 little marks near the trackpad.

11. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

You know, people spend too much time online I think - especially when I see threads like this started. ;)

While I can understand the need to have a case and protect your equipment, people spend too much time worrying about their precious computers and iphones, just use them and enjoy them! If they break, get them fixed or buy a new one...

"Preserving aesthetics" is just total BS. To me, what point are aesthetics if you can't even see your phone or computer because it's covered with a bunch of rubber and plastic?

12. DivineEvil macrumors regular

I've had my MBP for half an year now and the only damage is a "huge" 4-5 inch scrath.... on the bottom :). So in 99.99% of the time I don't see it. So I'm fine with it :)

13. Habitus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Habitus

The first scratch is always the hardest, but we all get over it :)

At least the scratch is on the bottom, right?

14. gfiz macrumors 6502

gfiz

this thread might have gone somewhere had the OP actually had his own picture to set the tone...otherwise, fail thread is fail.

15. dcurtis macrumors newbie

Didn't you mean: The first scratch is the deepest? Baby you know!

16. csdibiase macrumors member

www.instantrimshot.com

17. Inside_line macrumors regular

Fully Functional

Got the battery out as it was cooking... machine still works on ac. Apple replaced it with a new first gen MBP.

Attached Files:

18. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

wthhhhhh lol.

19. Csmitte macrumors 6502

Csmitte

Pfft... whatever!

20. Habitus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Habitus

I knew this thread had potential! Thanks for posting your picture! Do you still use it or do you use your Apple replaced MBP

Exactly!

21. GFSarah macrumors regular

GFSarah

I couldn't agree more! As much as I paid for this thing, I'll be darned if I'm going to carelessly let it get dented and scratched up if I can prevent it! It's more about me knowing that my Incase cover is keeping my MBP in pristine condition than me being able to see it. Yes, I'm anal enough about it that just knowing a scratch is there would bother me immensely. There; I said it. Same goes for My Precious (my iPhone), and while I've always made an effort to keep my iPods in mint condition, too, I'm not quite as obsessive about them. Thank you, Habitus, for making me feel a little less obsessive and insane. :)

In keeping with the topic, I don't have a picture, so a description is the best I can do:

I have a friend with (I think) a G5 MBP. It was the generation right before the Unibody. At any rate, his 3 year-old daughter knocked it off of the edge of a counter and ALL of the keys exploded off of it. It sustained a pretty substantial warping of the case during this event, and he later dropped it onto concrete when the shoulder strap of his bag broke. THAT resulted in further warping of the case and the top (where the keyboard & trackpad are) and bottom (super drive & all the plugs) warped and separated in two or three places. He has to plug in a USB keyboard, but the thing works just fine. :eek: I couldn't believe it when he showed me.

22. Inside_line macrumors regular

Heh now that would be funny if I still used it. I only turned it on to try to copy some files off before shipping it to them... had it outside on a surge protector with a bucket of water just in case. Imagine the surprise when it worked!

I believe this was the last battery failure before they launched the final powerbook G4 battery recall, as within a week of this they had a recall out for more batteries.

Right now using the CD MBP they sent to replace it.

23. Habitus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Habitus

Validation! I'm glad I'm not the only person here who is anal about their Mac! Seriously, though, Apple markets Macs as "investments" and as with any investment, I want mine in the best possible condition for as long as I own it! Therefore, I'll continue obsessing over any imperfection :D

24. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22