Let's see your sites made with iWeb

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by bbergie, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbergie macrumors regular

bbergie

Well, I've checked the forums and found a similar thread, but the inventory was rather small and contained far too many dead links to be useful. Let's try this again:

If you maintain a website created with iWeb, post it here and share it with the community.

Here's mine.

2. mrloser1 macrumors newbie

Hey bbergie, nice site. You move away from the pre-made-iWeb-template-looks, which I guess is a good thing. Did you create a completely blank page and do it all yourself, or did you drastically change an existing one?

Anyway, here is mine, which is still in development. I needed a quick and dirty site to host my podcast (The World Domination Podcast) and I plan to update it ...sometime. The whole thing is kind of on hold.
    http://web.mac.com/mkmorari/

3. bbergie thread starter macrumors regular

bbergie

mrloser1,

It's been a while since I first constructed my site. (I purchased iWeb 1.0 when it first became available, in the winter of '06.) If my recollection serves me correct, I think I began the construction of my site by choosing the background colour and moving forward from there. I've done significant updates to my blog's design over the years, all of which added to and enhanced the original design or concept, rather than scrap it and start anew.

b.

4. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

5. lesspaul macrumors newbie

6. Arch Stanton macrumors newbie

Trick Racing/ATV Performance...

Here's a site I made for my friend, he builds custom ATVs and engines for all kinds of sand bikes. I made it with iWeb 2.0.2. I'm always working on refining it. So it changes a little every now and then.
    http://www.trickracing1.net

7. davidwes macrumors regular

Edited*** Needed something that was easier for other people (ie Windows users) to edit and correct so I stoped using iWeb. I still use it though for my own site http://www.davidwesdance.com

8. bbergie thread starter macrumors regular

bbergie

I like the look of your site. It's nicely arranged with a good balance between text and photos. With respect to your question about text, you have to remove special features, like shadow, and use fonts that your browser can render. Web safe fonts include times new roman, helvectica, arial, and georgia. If you stick with such fonts, iWeb will generate your page with text, rather than images.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

9. b3beater macrumors member

b3beater

10. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

I made two sites pretty fast, one for my grandfather his model construction of trains and wooden boats. One for my dad his company and what he did,

they are both test sites, also a little for me to practice, it's been a year and a half since i made them, so i have evolved.

one for grandfather: i can't show it because it's a site based on a link to my computer as server, and it's off, and i don't have the files anymore :rolleyes:

one for my dad: www.marktech.be

they are ready for refreshments

11. hpoppe macrumors newbie

My son Clay and his wife Emily used iWeb to create this site to share my wife Barbara's poetry which she wrote to express her feelings about living with metastatic breast cancer for 12 years. She died in June.

http://mric.net/~bpoppe

12. taytho macrumors 6502

13. timmell macrumors newbie

14. booth22 macrumors regular

15. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

16. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I love the splash screen! You've inspired me.

17. lkauffma macrumors newbie

My website

Below is my website created using iWeb and hosted with my .Mac account.

www.photosbyldk.com

18. Cleopatra macrumors member

Cleopatra

19. skinnybeans macrumors newbie

here is mine!

web.mac.com/skinnybeans

I pretty much just ripped off one of the templates because i was feeling lazy. But i think the pages turned out ok!

20. xappeal macrumors regular

There have been some pretty cool sites,

Here's mine, haven't updated in ages but:

middle years science

21. James.Paul macrumors regular

Here is my Landscape Photography website which i've just about finished. I designed all the pages in iWeb 1.1 and then did a bit of tidying up in Textwrangler. I've also added a few scripts for extra functionality that you can't add in iWeb. The link to the site is http://www.jamespaulphotography.co.uk

Hope you like it
    James

22. djearlybird macrumors regular

Some great sites using iWeb guys....

I am a Tech Ed teacher at the high school level. Here is my website where I post my students work, so they can share it with their parents & friends. Comments are ALWAYS appreciated. Thanks! :D

http://home.easdonline.com/chillotm/

23. Macerture macrumors member

Macerture

Just created this the other day to showcase my photography http://web.mac.com/tmaher3

Obviously, it requires much more work but I like the general layout so far.. Comments are always appreciated. Thanks.

24. seattle macrumors 6502

25. rennafire macrumors newbie

rennafire

Wow, there's some good looking stuff here!

Here's mine, designed initially at the publisher's urging to promote a book. Since then it's evolved as a catch-all for classes being offered, client/promo stuff and - lately - a link for a couple of obits, just because I could zap these out in a hurry at a point people were stressed and needed info on memorials and such.

www.rennashesso.com

Hosted through MacHighway, uploaded via Fetch - what a learning curve! Feedback is welcome - and how the heck can you add a shopping cart?

PowerBook G4
    iMac G5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.