Let's talk cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Iusername20, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Iusername20 macrumors regular

2. JonathanK81 macrumors 6502

JonathanK81

I'm waiting on the Candyshell and the Candyshell Grips from Speck. With a 5.5" phone, I feel like I want some protection. Plus those cases have always been good to me.

3. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I've been seriously debating a wallet/folio case for awhile. Tired of carrying 2 things. I've looked at the BookBook case for the past two years but haven't pulled the trigger. I'm just worried the case will detract from my iPhone experience.

:apple:

4. Iusername20 thread starter macrumors regular

This is why I'm picking up a folio, http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Spigen...410409679&sr=8-1&keywords=spigen+folio+6+plus

and a "regular case". Actually, that neo hybrid is looking pretty fly.

5. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

6. Nyy8 macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

So, if anyone could help me out that'd be great.

I've used an inCase Slider for the past 4 years, I love them.

Now I'm looking for smooth plastic back case, no bumps or ridges textures etc. Anyone find one of those yet?

7. Iusername20 thread starter macrumors regular

8. drew1205 macrumors newbie

My favorite case back when I had an HTC m7 was the Bear Motion.

It has an awesome texture unlike any other case I have ever felt. The texture is almost like sandpaper. However, calling it sandpaper in feeling makes it sound like it would be too rough or harsh to hold. It isn't. It gives superb grip, while being very thin. I even dropped my M7 numerous times and was surprised when there wasn't any damage even though the case is so minimal. http://www.amazon.com/Case-iPhone-P...410026&sr=8-2&keywords=iphone+bear+motion+5.5

I also ordered the Spigen Kickstand case for the 5.5, and might get the Neo Hybrid metal at some point as well. EDIT: Also will be ordering the midnight blue leather case for the Plus. I'm a case sloot :p

9. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

10. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I think any case will detract from the iPhone experience. It's why I chose to go naked with the 6.

11. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

I want to get something see through and thin. Currently have a clear silicone rockfish case. I was thinking about getting something like this.

Maybe wait till next week or the week after launch and see if newer stuff comes out.

12. AndroidKing macrumors newbie

The Otterbox Defender series for the 6+ might as well be a flak jacket...

13. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

It's certainly big enough to be used as one :rolleyes:

14. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Mophie Juice Pack for me (battery case) for on the fly and a leather sleeve for local use.

15. BackTwoMac macrumors member

Something like that with a wrist strap (think clutch) would work for me. I'm on the fence about 6 Plus because pocket sizes aren't very deep for women. And I avoid carrying a bag if possible. I'll keep watching this thread.

16. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Well it may look ugly/big but I need it for what I use my phone for.

17. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Found this on Amazon and think I will try it.
    image.jpg

18. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

phantomskinz and if i can still find one, a bumper.

i LOVED it on my phone as it keeps the form factor small (but the small bumper gives a little more gripiness. i have just a phantomskinz on my iPad mini, too... same reason... keeps it small adds no bulkiness! (and they both match! pink carbon fiber! love love love!!!!!)

i am going to show hubby the folio recommendations you've come up with though! he has a folio for his mini, so might like that idea for his phone!

19. Azzin, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014

Azzin macrumors 68040

I'd be really interested to hear your initial thoughts when it arrives, as I'd like to know how 'good' the front lip,is on the Slim.

I've currently got a Tough Armor on my 5S and was thinking of getting one for my 6+, but they seem to have dropped the white version (I'm getting a white/silver phone), so I'm looking at the electric blue model.

I'm also interested in the Slims, having seen your picture! :D

20. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I like the look of that case.
    I have carried a wallet for about 37 years and a little leery of giving up my wallet and just making the phone case my wallet. But hey change is good right?

21. guitarwiz23 macrumors member

I'm just saying, I had ordered the spigen ultra fit last night but I did not see this one, I have ordered this one to try out as well. I was just getting the ultra fit to hold over to a speck pixelskin (have had 2 for my 4S loved them both, only issue was the red got funky from being in my pocket, but the black was great.

22. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

23. pavelbure macrumors 6502a

Is that case metal or plastic ? I'm concerned about antenna interference. I usually get a otterbox defender but I may try something different this time.