Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ferran275

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2010
I bought a Spigen, super disappointed with it. I that at first it felt flimsy and wouldn't help anything if I dropped it. Then, for reasons I won't get in to here, the 'bumper' (it comes in two pieces) SNAPPED LIKE A TWIG, must have been a bad batch of material or something.

I'm looking for a case that's slim and at least bend 'resistant' I'm willing to spend some money too, I want something built to last, made out of metal or wood I don't care, just something that makes me more confident with the 700 dollar computer in my pocket. Anyone have any luck finding anything like that?

slicekw

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2014
I've got a 6 plus.

I started with Spigen NeoHybrid and that was fine as long as I was in the house. It's good for not worrying about scratches, but I found myself afraid to, say, walk around the store with my grocery list. The bumper is slippery.

On another site, I found a recommendation for carved.com.
Wow, beautiful cases made in the US. And not too expensive.
I have this one and I strongly recommend it.

The rubber edges are very grabby and the texture of the wood back also adds to the confidence that you won't drop your big-a$$ phone. And it looks great. Not everyone will appreciate the rubber + wood design, but it's exactly what I needed for an everyday case, and it'll pass for "professional" in the IT field. The bonus is, that I can still slip it inside my 7-inch wallet for when I don't feel like taking along my whole purse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.