Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

LG today announced that LG Smart TV owners in the United States can sign up for two free months of Major League Soccer Season Pass using the Apple TV app, allowing access to every live Major League Soccer match, including Leagues Cup, All-Star games, and playoffs.

lg-mls-trial.jpg

A compatible LG Smart TV from 2016 to 2023 is required, with customers able to sign up for the MLS Season Pass offer in the LG Content Store or by clicking on the MLS Season Pass ad banner on the LG TV home menu.

The offer must be redeemed by July 26, 2023, and there is one subscription available per TV and Apple ID. Both new and qualified returning customers of MLS Season Pass can sign up.

Article Link: LG Offering Two Free Months of Apple's MLS Season Pass

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2016
Messi coming to Miami and MLS has made the news all over the place. The time is now for Apple to make MLS season pass part of Apple+. Strike while the Messi is hot.
Makes more sense to do it when he is about to make his MLS debut

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
I got a 65 OLED 1.5 years ago so I guess I’d be eligible. I have no interest whatsoever in the MLS despite Messi, nor running apps on my TV, so thanks LG but no thanks

mrr

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
T-Mobile is currently still offering a free season of both MLS and MLB on their T-Mobile Tuesdays app.

Carlos51

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2017
Argentina
Apple is wasting the Messi opportunity to add more Apple+ subscribers. Make MLS part of Apple+. Just Do It :apple:
I do agree. I live in Argentina and would love to see Messi in my Apple TV but I am not willing to pay the current premium $$$ for the MLS games.
New customers all around the world would subscribe to Apple+ willingly.
(Soccer) Football has a huge audience in most of the countries, far more than (American) Football.
Wake up, Tim. We already pay premium prices for Apple hardware.
My 2 cents...
Carlos

iPhoneFan5349

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2021
Apple is wasting the Messi opportunity to add more Apple+ subscribers. Make MLS part of Apple+. Just Do It :apple:
I’m pretty sure it must be one of the worst business decisions Apple has ever made. Seriously, who is going to pay 9.99 to watch the MLS? Is Apple serious? The MLS is one of the worst leagues in the world, they call it soccer for ****s sake lmao. I don’t even pay 9.99 to watch the premier league. Whoever made the decision on the pricing must be fired.

lpc2

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2019
Well I can say my LG C2 is probably the best TV I ever owned, still amazed every time I turn it on, especially for gaming.
I'm still using my 40" LG TV I bought in 2010. It was expensive back then, but given how long it has lasted I'm not complaining.

Reactions: JCCL

Allen_Wentz

macrumors 68030
Dec 3, 2016
USA

LG today announced that LG Smart TV owners in the United States can sign up for two free months of Major League Soccer Season Pass using the Apple TV app, allowing access to every live Major League Soccer match, including Leagues Cup, All-Star games, and playoffs.

lg-mls-trial.jpg

A compatible LG Smart TV from 2016 to 2023 is required, with customers able to sign up for the MLS Season Pass offer in the LG Content Store or by clicking on the MLS Season Pass ad banner on the LG TV home menu.

The offer must be redeemed by July 26, 2023, and there is one subscription available per TV and Apple ID. Both new and qualified returning customers of MLS Season Pass can sign up.

Article Link: LG Offering Two Free Months of Apple's MLS Season Pass
C'mon, give us NBA games without blackouts. Charge whatever you like.

P.S. You can keep the MLB, and golf too. I can watch the grass grow in my yard instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.