LG Star

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apple..., Dec 11, 2010.

1. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

2. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

3. bullseyetech macrumors member

bullseyetech

look similar doesn't it down to the colour choice as well

4. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Hmm... But of course they didn't copy Apple. I mean who else?.. Oh almost everyone! :rolleyes:

5. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

Yes a psychedelic purple with gold trim would have been a better choice :rolleyes:

6. jplusc, Dec 11, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2010

jplusc macrumors 6502a

I think it's funny how people piss and moan about companies copying each other. At the end of the day if something is does right I would like to see it adopted in other products. Just like apple NEEDS to copy webOS or android notifications...

7. adztaylor macrumors 68000

I agree, they badly need to!

8. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

Well said!

9. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

noones 'pissing and moaning', i don't mind them imitating the iOS keyboard design, it's a very well designed keyboard.
    The only problem with this might be, that if you copy too much of the look and feel of another platform (even if you do it really well / really subtly), the average consumer might ask himself why he shouldn't go for the 'original' then anyways. (even though the great success of the Samsung Galaxy S, which is very clearly themed more similarly to the iPhone than to any other Android device, kind of proves me wrong ;) )

that's why i consider windows phone 7 so refreshing (in my eyes it is, at least). The design and flow of the Android OS would just be too similar to iOS for me.

10. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

I'd have to agree. I hope WP7 does well! ;)

11. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

You wont hear anyone in here complaining then would you? ;) It will all be good if Apple copied Android in that respect. What will the Fanboys say then? :rolleyes:

12. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

I wouldn't, as long as they came up with something better than what they have now. But since they hired the original WebOS notification designer, we'll probably see something from that side of the fence, instead of Android's offering.

13. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Perhaps they will. It will make the phone better but thats up to Steve to allow it. My point is that the Fanboys complain any chance they get if anything Android does is similar to Apple but it will all be good if it is the other way around.

Swype is a great thing and would be loved here and you wont hear a peep about it being copied.

14. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

Yeah. I emailed Steve about it once. He said "We have tested it and other variants a lot and its not nearly as good as our current keyboard." Take what you will...

15. adztaylor macrumors 68000

I love Swype, had a Nexus One previously and miss it.

16. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

Ask any fanboy right now about Swype and they will tell you "no thanks", that they don't need it or the iPhone's keyboard is "good enough" (like you see now with Google Maps 5).

In the past they said "no thanks" to improvements like:
    Copy and paste
    MMS
    multi-tasking

The fact is that Swype is superior to iPhone's 3 year old keyboard and would make it that much better. If it would be available tomorrow they would be raving about how good it is. Fanboys hate what they don't have and what Steve Jobs deems unworthy for his beloved iPhone....does Flash ring a bell?

17. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

No, Flash to me is a waste and I'm entirely fine without it. As for Swype, yes please!

18. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

Point proven! Free thinking and freedom of choice cease and Steve Jobs wins.

19. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

No, I don't think you have the right to do that. I do not need/ want Flash. That's my personal opinion - just because Steve doesn't like it doesn't mean I have to say just the opposite. I'm completely fine without it and I would turn the feature off if given the option.

Don't impose your values on me, sir.

20. adztaylor macrumors 68000

I like it how you cut the one feature he said he wanted for the iPhone out of his quote and accused him of not having free thinking. :rolleyes:

21. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Bet you they won't, they'll try to find an even better way to do it and until they do we're stuck with the one we have.

22. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

That's true, but you must also remember that they have the original WebOS notification designer working at Apple. ;)

23. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

Can you say iOS multi-tasking? Apple really did that better than anyone else!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

24. fishmoose macrumors 68000

I'd say they did, I really appreciate better battery life compared to "real" multi-tasking. Android just puts stuff in the background and leaves it to the user to figure out what to kill.

25. adztaylor macrumors 68000

Well Android 2.2 has a task killer built into the OS and automatically kills any battery draining apps.