License Plate question

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 3lite, Sep 21, 2013.

1. 3lite macrumors 6502a

3lite

So in my state you have to pay $15 annually for a personalized license plate. Is there a fee for only personalized license plates or annually for ever license plates?

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Let's start with what country, then we can move onto what state, and then maybe we can help. There may also be a website to visit or a phone number to call, which may give you more accurate information...:)

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Now, now...

There are only a handful of places that uses the dollar and have their areas divided into "states" :) That being said, a specific state might be helpful.

4. emseven macrumors regular

It's $50 to order in California and every year they add $40 to registration for as long as you have the plate.

5. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Well it also represents the peso. Perhaps the OP is in Chiapas? There are a few countries using the symbol...

Anyway....:cool:

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

So off the top of my head, the US, Mexico and Australia are divided up into states and use the $ sign, so at a bare minimum, there are 87 different states, all with different laws regarding license plates, that you could possibly be living in. You're going to have to be a bit more specific.

7. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Vanity plates in California carry an annual fee (as emseven said) as do specialized plates in Iowa and Minnesota.

8. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

The renewal and new fee for speciality plates in Ohio is $50 in addition to the cost of the "normal" renewal. Frankly it’s a huge crock of **** as far as I am concerned.

The new fee part does not so much bother me but the renewal feed is what really upsets me.

And yes, I do have speciality plates.