Lid not closed completely...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Yeahsayer, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Yeahsayer macrumors newbie

Hi
    I was wondering if that was normal... as you can see on the pictures, my macbook alu lid doesn't close clompletely... the lid is a bit raised on the two sides of my macbook, but it close completely where the magnet is...
    Anyone in the same case ?
    Sorry for my english, this isn't my mother tongue

Attached Files:

2. calsci macrumors 6502

calsci

that lid is fine. yes it is "a little" raised, but if you bring it to an apple store all they are going to say is that is not a defect and laugh as you walk away.

3. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

It is raised a little bit. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it doesn't closed at all.

4. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

not a major defect but its a defect for sure. there is a rubber lining around the screen and youre not supposed to be able to see through the crack in your computer when its closed

5. Yeahsayer thread starter macrumors newbie

So for my third macbook, i have : a slanted keyboard, a loose battery cover, a scratch on the screen and on the alu, and now a little defect with my screen.
    Too bad...
    Only one of this defect wouldn't bother me, but together...

6. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

oh, you didnt say all that before. in that case, go return it. you have a completely flawed product. and dont feel bad about it, apple with refurbish and resell. they may not make as much money off it but who cares how much they make? you deserve a perfect machine

7. Yeahsayer thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes i'm thinking of returning it... They'll maybe think I'm a psycho because it's my third macbook...

8. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

none of those problems would irritate me besides the scratch. I would definitely return my laptop if it had a scratch on the screen before me even turning it on

9. Yeahsayer thread starter macrumors newbie

Ths scratch is quite long but you can't see it when the screen is turned on.

10. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

The lid looks normal to me. However, a scratch on the screen is unacceptable!

A couple keys on my MBP were slightly slanted when I first got it (absolutely acceptable). Now, after using it for a couple weeks, they are perfectly straight!

11. Yeahsayer thread starter macrumors newbie

Another picture... normal or not ?

Attached Files:

12. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

not, return or exchange, I can't stand even the smallest scratch! Also the slanted keyboard, holy moly I would go and flip at apple if I got your macbook

13. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I agree about the scratch, I wouldn't be able to deal with a scratch on the screen. I would take it back regardless how many you've exchanged. If they refuse to exchange it (which they have the right to do) and offer a refund, take the refund and go somewhere else and buy one.
    In regards to the gap, let it go. You're likely to get another one just like it, if the machine is functioning properly don't worry about it. Also could you please post pics that aren't blurry? It creates eye strain trying to view your issues.

14. Yeahsayer thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for the bad quality but I took it with my phone cause i'm not home...
    I'll post high quality pictures tommorrow...

15. PeterQC macrumors 6502a

PeterQC

yup, the screen is faulty. Go exchange it and don't wait, cause you only got 15 days to get a remplacement.

16. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Don't post anything else, go STRAIGHT to the Apple store!!!

17. Yeahsayer thread starter macrumors newbie

I bought it on the apple store online, and I received it the 1st dec... It's not to late to have an exchange, is it ?

18. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

absolutely not. Is it built to order or just one of the factory setups?

19. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

No, you actually have 14 days. Call them tomorrow and get the exchange set up right away. Be nice about it and calm and don't remind them about how much you've spent, they already know, just tell them that you're disappointed about the scratch on the screen. Acknowledge the amount of exchanges you've had (because they will see it on your account) and tell them that you're surprised at the number of defective Macs you've had and you just want a decent machine without a defects.
    As I mentioned earlier, don't even bother worrying about the gap, your next machine will most likely have it and Apple won't inspect it before sending it to you, just talk to them about the scratch which is definitely unacceptable and they should take care of you.

20. Yeahsayer thread starter macrumors newbie

It's a built to order but here in Europe we can exchange a BTO macbook... I know it because I've already made it two times :(

21. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

+1. I've had to switch out 4, last one was thru the mail. My experience with Apple Care has been very satisfactory so far.

22. Yeahsayer thread starter macrumors newbie

It's so frustrating, the first had been ordered the 16th october... and now we are in december.

23. Mako5 macrumors regular

Mako5

I just compared to mine and definitely not normal. Mine is tight all around with no gap.

24. Yeahsayer thread starter macrumors newbie

I called Apple and I sent pictures but it was impossible to take a picture of the scratch... I hope they will accept the exchange.

25. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

same here. mines tight all the way.

man after seeing so many threads about random "problems/defects" i feel SO lucky i got a perfect one on my first try. I got it the day it came out too.