Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mulley2472

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2014
I ordered one and it should be here tomorrow. I wish it was in white or the nuud version. I guess some water protection is better than nothing. I will post a review once I receive it

malochico1

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2012
For those who use glass screen protectors...what do you do when you use the life proof case?

For the iphone 5 i used it with my glass protector once but it got some moisture inside so i ended up just taking the glass protector out. Obviously LifeProof wants you to use this without anything inside since its designed to be used for naked iphone only.

But really hoping i can use it with my glass protector. This way i can use my thin ringke slim case with glass protector daily and use the life proof case for swimming/gym/sports etc.

ekoulak

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2014
Anyone have theirs yet? I am curious about the screen protector on the new case as well as touch ID. I had the Nuud for the 5S and loved it however this one doesn't look too bad either.

maliu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
wonder how much space is there for headphone jacks

Only ones the size of the Apple ear buds will fit. But it should come with a waterproof adapter like their previous cases. I am waiting for the Nuud of any color.

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
Why do you like the nudd better?

Because I use the lifeproof case as my everyday case and the screen protector on the fre is a pain. If you just plan to use the case occasionally then putting up with the screen protector probably wouldn't really be an issue.

Mulley2472

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2014
Just got the case and put it on. It past the water test. Not overalls impressed it feels cheaply made and not as durable as pervious versions. The screen also appears to have an almost greasy tinge to it. Also the case seems to have a almost convex shape to it. Wow I sound negative with all of this. At any rate I will be sending these back

dennsenm

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2014
Just got the case and put it on. It past the water test. Not overalls impressed it feels cheaply made and not as durable as pervious versions. The screen also appears to have an almost greasy tinge to it. Also the case seems to have a almost convex shape to it. Wow I sound negative with all of this. At any rate I will be sending these back

if you havent sent it back yet. Can you post some pictures with the phone in the case?

Mulley2472

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2014
Sorry I just took it off my phone and boxed it back up. It felt thinner than the other fre iPhone. 5s cases. Also the headphone adapter on one of the cases I couldn't open. Maybe I didn't try hard enough. I'll wait for the nuud cases

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
Really no pic ? Can u take it out of box and take pics please ? Should only take about 5 min #

arftech

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2010
Sorry I just took it off my phone and boxed it back up. It felt thinner than the other fre iPhone. 5s cases. Also the headphone adapter on one of the cases I couldn't open. Maybe I didn't try hard enough. I'll wait for the nuud cases

Yeah, I want to see a picture please.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.