Lifeproof Nuud for 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mjsavage, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Mjsavage macrumors member

2. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Just got a 5S fre so not in the market, but wonder how the clear back cover will go and the home button looks like it is covered a bit?

3. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

hmmm.....I'm wondering if I should give up my Spigen Nano Slim tR glass screen protector for this...

4. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

The whole "no screen protection" doesn't do it for me, If I buy a waterproof case I do it so it also protects my screen and no screen protection just makes me rethink.

5. KAMB macrumors 6502

Just placed my order. With 15% off I decided to bite. Also picked up a holster and a window suction mount along with the water protection plan. I'll post pix when I get it.

6. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Nice, i am using one of these with my new Fre in the car, works with most cases too. I just ordered the life proof jacket for my surf trip to bali soon. Wish i could of got the belt clip at $7.95 but they don't post to Australia from the US store.

http://store.apple.com/au/product/H...e-portable-car-vent-mount-for-iphone?fnode=46

7. Premium1 macrumors 6502a

So the nuud, the new Incipio atlas, or the otter box preserve for the 5s??

8. KAMB macrumors 6502

Only the first two are out right now though.

9. Premium1 macrumors 6502a

Yes I understand that. Just figured it might be worth it to wait, leaning towards the nuud case as of now.

10. KAMB macrumors 6502

Yeah that was my thing to; the lack of a holster option is what decided my choice for me sounds silly but I need that option.

11. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

I read reviews about the preserver and they're not bad, but certain things should really be fixed before I purchase one.

12. HiRisk macrumors 6502

"Certain things?"

Explain

13. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

"- Voice calls do sound muffled
    - Edges wore slightly after daily use
    - Silent switch is tough to use while case is on
    - Call quality suffers when case is wet
    - Priced $10 higher than LifeProof"

14. Robster3 macrumors 68000

[/COLOR]
    where are you getting all that from?

----------

Yeah, i just ordered the belt clip and the life jacket.

15. bambooshots macrumors 6502a

This thread is about the Lifeproof cases. Let's keep in on track.

If you missed out on the Black Friday sale, lifeproof is offering the exact same discounts for Cyber Monday.

Finally picked up that armband for $10.

16. Robster3 macrumors 68000

17. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

:: grr:: I signed up to be notified when the 5S Nuud case was available and I got no email. Glad I happened to see this thread, though, and get my cases with the 15% discount.

I couldn't quite bring myself to spend the extra money for 2nd day shipping, so I'll be looking here for reviews while I'm waiting for mine to arrive. I also picked up a belt clip for my wife and two windshield mounts for the cars

18. Premium1 macrumors 6502a

Sadly those emails seem to always come after sites like these post about them.

19. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

You are right, it depends also on your pet peeves. I like a case that works the way its described. Lifeproof works for me so far, and I might get this one too, I don't know.

One thing I can tell you, I don't like Otterbox. Dislike their materials.

20. Robster3 macrumors 68000

I didn't mind the defender for a while, I got the new Lifeproof 5S Fre case as the nude won't be in Australia for a while and i go to Bali in a week, its going great so far, was used to a screen protector as i had the defender and for my trip i think it will offer better protection. Might try the nude later on. They are a good thin case bit longer but thinner than the defender. The new ones have a nicer rubber feel to the top half of the case, the back seems the same.
    Got a belt clip and life jacket too. Wish we could of got the Black Friday sale here.

21. bambooshots macrumors 6502a

Lifeproof sure is taking their sweet time to ship these out.

Ordered early AM on Black Friday, still "pending fulfillment" order status Monday PM.

22. tomoye macrumors member

ordered Friday night and have same shipping status. looking forward to my first lifeproof case!

23. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Here's a tip, after being in water you will need to blow the water out of the mic hole or people can't hear you on a call. Just found out after taking a photo of my pool outlet to take to the pool shop. Probably old new if you have had a waterproof case before.

24. tomoye macrumors member

I've always taken good care of my phones using mostly minimal cases but now that I have a ~1.5 year old... I need a "baby proof" phone for unpredictable circumstances. my biggest concern with the nuud is if or not to use the "screen protector" that comes with it.

I had a powersupport for my 4s and it was great but when I took it off for the last 6 months before my battery melted and killed my iphone... I never had any screen issues since I'm careful not to keep my phone in pockets without keys/grit/etc... I feel like with the lifeproof, I might be a little more careless which is why I'm getting it.

what do you all think of the lifeproof nuud screen protector from the 5 model? practical? a waste? don't bother? use it? use this instead?

thanks! great thread.