Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benh911f

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2009
I can confirm that it worked in my car with the iSimple gateway.

Did it maintain the steering wheel controls? I originally ordered the adapter, and when I read that it wouldn't work with most cases (I have a Switcheasy Tones case) I cancelled the order and got the .02 cable version. Then when I got it the lightning portion was thicker than the standard cable, and wouldn't fit with my case. Also, the steering wheel controls would not function. (When I hit Seek on the steering wheel to get to the next song, it would pause the current song.) I decided to return it because I didn't want to have to remove my case everytime I want to use it. At this point, I'm thinking of just going on eBay and getting an older version iPod to leave in the car exclusively for music.

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
The 30 pin Adaptor works perfectly in my 2008 Mercedes with OEM iPod/iPhone kit. All steering wheel controls work correctly, digital track and artist information appear in the dashboard display and the iPhone 5 charges.
VERY happy! :D

kviri

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2012
I can confirm that it works just fine with the Kensington LiquidAUX car kit w/ remote.

kennl66

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2012
USA SPEC PA15-HON2 adapter for my Honda Accord works with lightning to 30 pin. It can still be controlled from the car stereo, titles on screen and charges the ip5.

milk242

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2007
Parrot Mki9100 works although one time I was using it it said iPod software not supported. I just unplugged and plugged it back in and never saw that error again.

Bitgod

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2003
Anything that needed video out is boned now, that killed that feature for all of the Pioneer decks, and my AVH-8400 got totally hosed if you wanted the advanced app control.

That said, the BT audio on the AVH-8400 works fine with the phone. If I play the Pandora app on the phone, the song data and cover art will show up on the head unit, and audio from the dedicated radio station app I use comes through the system fine. It just means I've lost the ability to control the phone through the stereo.

Not a deal killer for me since my main music source will be my ipod classic. It also means I don't need the stupid extra thick 201V cable from pioneer, that was a hassle.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
Works fine with the USA SPEC PA15-TOY in my Toyota BUT only if plugged in a certain direction. It actually needed to be plugged in backwards (with the label of the cable and the adapter facing the back of the iPhone) before it worked. Once I did that, it worked perfectly. If I plugged it in facing front, it charges, but doesn't show as connected to the stereo, nor does it play.

If you have any accessory that doesn't work, try it the other way.

ETA: Same goes for my JBL docked speaker system. It charges but does not play when facing forward, but works perfectly when attached backwards. Try it.

Last edited:

FightTheFuture

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2003
that town east of ann arbor
The Sendstation was by idea for connecting to my car. The audio out works, but the charging does not. It starts to charge for a second, then the screen comes on and says "This device does not support charging." A HUGE disappointment to me.
Rats - this is exactly what I was using to connect my cassette adapter to my 3GS. Guess I have to wait till some new adapters come out.

= bluntman =

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I use a last gen iPod Nano in my 2011 Sportage, but I decided to connect my iPhone5 to the KIA/Hyndai interface (NAV unit) via the 30-pin Lightning Adapter just to be sure. As expected, everything works fine: charging, scrolling, playing, etc.

MacVirgin1976

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2012
Beaverton,Oregon
I can confirm that it worked in my car with the iSimple gateway.

Really? I have a isimple Gateway set up in my BMW and my iphone 4 works great thru the phone and steering wheel controls, but when I use my girlfriends iphone 5 with 30 pin to lighting adapter it shows charging only the audio is only coming out of the phone. Any suggestions?

hunkim

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2014
Did it maintain the steering wheel controls? I originally ordered the adapter, and when I read that it wouldn't work with most cases (I have a Switcheasy Tones case) I cancelled the order and got the .02 cable version. Then when I got it the lightning portion was thicker than the standard cable, and wouldn't fit with my case. Also, the steering wheel controls would not function. (When I hit Seek on the steering wheel to get to the next song, it would pause the current song.) I decided to return it because I didn't want to have to remove my case everytime I want to use it. At this point, I'm thinking of just going on eBay and getting an older version iPod to leave in the car exclusively for music.

Just got an iSimple 30pin setup for my 2005 Toyota Prius and STILL seeing the same issue (have to disconnect/reconnect adapter in order to get out of 'pause' buttons vs. seek issue). :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.