Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonfarr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2012
Portland
Why do people keep posting about the apple store when the OP made it clear he was too far from the Apple Store?

Reading ability should be an entry level skill before joining message boards.

Its all good, people even telling me to call, like I havent done that already. Im just trying to see if my local stores arent getting shipments, or if no stores outside of Apple's are getting them.

MVPinFLA

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Boynton Beach, FL
I ordered some lightning cables from Apple.com yesterday. It said 1-2 week delivery. I got an email this morning that they shipped and would be here Monday.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2010
I'm headed to Orlando in a couple of weeks to take my little munchkin to visit the mouse. I'll drop by an Apple store while I'm there and see if they have any in stock. I sure wish we had a store closer to me, but 4 hours is a bit far to drive for a cable, IMO.

I went to their store 2 days ago and they had nothing!

MisterDisney

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
I've seen them at the Apple Store and Best Buy. Both had plenty when I went in, I bought an extra one just to be lazy and keep one at home and take one with me. Honestly, one comes in the box, that's all you really need.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2010
I've seen them at the Apple Store and Best Buy. Both had plenty when I went in, I bought an extra one just to be lazy and keep one at home and take one with me. Honestly, one comes in the box, that's all you really need.

I need one for my car!

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
My closet apple store is not really all that close, I am wondering if anyone has had luck at their local best buy/target/Cellular service store on finding the standard lightning usb cable. I know the Apple store has them, but would rather avoid the drive for just a cable.

So far I haven't found them anywhere except the Apple store.

I called Best Buy around the Minneapolis metro w/o success. The Mall of America BB told me the cables were not available to their chain, yet I think someone in this thread said they saw them at their local store so who knows. I called a couple local Targets too w/o luck.

I'm fortunate because I live within ten minutes of the MOA and they have "a lot", per a rep at the store, so I'll be buying a few cables there tonight.

lordhamster

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2008
I ordered from apple store online. They told me ships mid October. Next day I got my tracking number with overnight delivery

SAMtheGAM

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
I was able to pick up two Lightning to USB cables at Target in Santa Fe Springs, CA. The Pico Rivera store shows in stock but could not locate the cable. They have a dedicated Apple section at Pico Rivera kind of like Best Buy. They had iPhone 5 on display in white & black.

The cable is located with the Apple Ear Pods. The cable is labeled as Apple In-Ear on the receipt with 057002072 as the sku

Target.com on my iPhone showed me which locations had stock and if you click on store the aisle number displays. The item can be located under electronics iPod cables

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
Apple Store in Keystone mall in Indiana has a bunch. I work at Best Buy and we have many on order but none in yet

julietcc

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2012
I bought 3 a few days ago at a local Sprint store. You also get 20% off if you buy 2 or more accessories so the 3 were only about $17 each after tax. I called ahead to make sure they had them and they never asked me if I was a Sprint customer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.