Limbo

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Taustin Powers, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

I noticed it's out on PSN now.

It looks interesting! How does it play? Worth the 15 bucks?

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

It's a pretty cool puzzle oriented scrolling game. I have not purchased it, but am considering it. It seems worth $15. They need to convert it into an app. :)

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've heard its great but really couldn't get into the demo.

It's coming to Steam too so I'll buy it during a sale.

4. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

It's not super long, maybe a few hours depending on how much skillzzzz you got. The first half is amazing. Awesome puzzles, great looking, moody atmosphere, great (lack of) music, creepy and un-nerving.

The second half kicks up the puzzles, but they become a lot more reflex, timing based (ie. jump here then jump again before the spikes crush you but not so high you hit the spikes above). The game kind of wants you to die these gruesome deaths to learn "oh. I can't step on that huh?" but the reloads are instant so you don't really get frustrated. Replayability lies in finding hidden 'eggs' in the levels, some of which are crazy hard to find/get without a FAQ (and even with a FAQ some need perfect timing)

I really really liked it. A lot of people bitched about the $15 tag. It is a bit much dollar=time ratio but it's really well polished so I didn't mind paying an extra $5 over the $10 I-think-it-should-have-been price tag.

5. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

Sounds great. I'll probably wait till it drops to €10 on PSN, usually only takes a few months.

6. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

Eh, played the demo last night, and couldn't really get into it. Interesting graphic style, and the puzzle gameplay is not bad, I guess. But I had absolutely zero emotional involvement with the character. That's something a game like this needs, IMO. The black/white style cannot carry the entire game.

7. bluap84 macrumors 6502

I got it for the xbox, its friggin awesome. I still need to finish it actually. Stuck one of the later puzzles...but yes def worth the 15 bucks.

it will make you rack your brain for hours. Haha i guess time lenght depends on your IQ

8. SpazzyMac macrumors regular

SpazzyMac

That game is Great! I like the gruesome deaths, and sometimes the deaths make me laugh because the wrong moves I did where so obvious :p, but not realized until the poor boy dies. Other than that the puzzles makes the time fly! but it feels like a one time play through for me and wait another few months to play it again. but definitely worth the money :)