Limit amount of threads new members can create

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by timeconsumer, Dec 25, 2017.

1. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Make sure y'all hit the report button for these instead of creating a new thread. Email goes directly to the mod team when you report something. (Although it did take them quite a while to get to that stuff last night!)

2. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

That pretty much goes without saying as that's the first thing that happens when I come across something like that, along with reporting the actual user in question as well. But that is only a reactionary measure at best, that happens after the fact, and still needs to be reviewed and acted upon by someone after someone else comes across it and reposts it.

3. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

But, given that the mods are all volunteers, who have lives and jobs elsewhere, in such circumstances, perhaps the best you can hope for, is "a reactionary measure".

When I spot something of the sort - a spam post, or that kind of tsunami of spam, I simply report it the minute I come across it, and assume that it will be addressed (it and its clones which may be many) whenever a mod comes across that report.

And, invariably, it is dealt with, and acted on, relatively promptly, as soon as the report is seen, it is just that this does not always happen immediately. I have no problem with that.

4. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Well, that's essentially the kind of thing that this thread is about--to potentially have some automatic prevention measures to help things out (which won't interfere with regular users).

5. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Plus 1 for flood control. Even members with the best of intentions should have some sort of limit of how many new topics you can start and you run a smaller risk of double posting something that someone on your ignore list already has. This happens more than one would think.