Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobi romero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2023
Germany
Hi,
i have searched the way to limit the maximum number of tabs you can open at once. On Safari i have found nothing. Not one extention or app make this simple task. I have searched on alternative.to and xTab is no found. xTab is only one on the market Chrome extension with this function.

Becasue like every average user i know what procrastination is. One perfect example is No Distraction fot youtube (works fine on Safari), it make the job and save hours of users time. User can now be productive.

Binge tabbing is real problem at the weekend. On Saturday morning i want doing something on PC but all day i cant close this dozens of tabs, that i independently opened up !

There is need on this functionality on Safari's existing extentions or new one extension for Safari.

Thanks for understanding. Have a nice day.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 100

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I am probably misunderstanding your motivation wanting an extension to do this, but…

Right-click the tab you want to keep, “Close other tabs” works fine for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.