Limited camping out availability

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Yoohoo, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Yoohoo macrumors newbie

due to limited expected amounts of specific model types for people who are without a preorder.....do you believe it would be possible to purchase a phone day of launch....and return it within 30 days of launch with hopes of getting the more desired model and capacity?

I worry that even after purchasing and hoping to return that 30 days may not even be enough for carriers to receive other models/capacities/ colors !

2. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

3. Yoohoo thread starter macrumors newbie

patience ?

[​IMG]

4. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Yep. Best advice.

Since demand is so high, no guarantees if you are looking for something else in 30 days.

5. Iphoneness macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

6. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

You only have 14 days to return.

7. technopple macrumors newbie

My original upgrade date was October 13th, but I'm going to college on the 27th of September. I told them this and they were able to move my upgrade date to September 21. Fearing I wouldn't be able to get one by the time I went off, I called today and somehow they were able to make me eligible for an upgrade effective as of today.

Going to be waiting in line on Friday now :)

8. AceMason macrumors 6502

Who's your carrier?

9. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

If you camp, you'll get what you want.

Get your pup tent ready..

10. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Apple doesn't incur one anymore, but do the carriers levy a restocking fee?

That may be something to look for if you return.

11. technopple macrumors newbie

Shoot, wrong thread. AT&T, by the way.

12. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I think Apple will set a few aside for the people who can't preorder online and scalpers.

There are always scalpers. They're easily identified as Chinese, carrying portable lawn chairs, and at the store every single morning.

13. AceMason macrumors 6502

Or in my area ... Vietnamese. I had to line up two days in a row to get the phone I wanted and there were several different groups of them there, at the front of the line. They bring literally their entire family tree, from their young kids to grandparents who don't even know how to use the phone. They all carry cash and buy the unlocked version. Then obviously resell them in their home country. Even the Apple store employees commented on how annoying they are.

14. akhilleus macrumors member

I agree that patience is a virtue here. I wouldn't mess around with returns and whatnot for fear of limited stock and availability. You might be alright and not have an issue but I wouldn't put myself through that trouble. Better off waiting and getting the product you want IMO.

15. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

how do you people buy multiple phones and return them? it constantly asks me for my account info

16. Yoohoo thread starter macrumors newbie

anyone have any thoughts of if they will even have iPhone 6+ available at carriers?

i camped last year and was second in line, couldn't get the color or capacity i wanted but this year i only care about getting a 6+ in at least 64 gb