line on the 24?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nunes013, Jun 22, 2010.

1. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

I cant get to the apple store until about noon on thursday. do you think they will run out then or do think i will be ok and they will still have some in stock.

2. coelacanth macrumors 6502

You have reservation? Then most likely yes.

No reservation? Highly doubt it. Best Buy, Walmart will have very small stock, AT&T just announced there will be no walk-in on24th. Apple Store will be a zoo.

3. Munitalp macrumors 65816

Based on the demand I would think they will be out... since walk-ins can't buy them at AT&T until the 29th and Best Buy has very little stock for even their reservations... the Apple store is probably going to be swamped very early.

4. hansenc macrumors 6502

hansenc

I'm starting to think that even getting to the Apple store @ 1am is not going to be early enough.

I have never done an iphone release so I have no idea what the lines look like.

5. nunes013 thread starter macrumors 65816

nunes013

i do but when i called my apple store they were like "apple normally sends us enough iphones to fill our reservations but they said bc demand is really high this year they dont know" now im worried i wont get it on the 24 bc i just added an unlimited data plan right before they changed them so when i got my iphone 4 i could have unlimited, i just dont want to pay $30 a month for something i cant use

6. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I heard Radio Shack will be getting a HUGE shipment...not

7. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

It looks like a line of people waiting to buy an iphone

8. coelacanth macrumors 6502

:confused:Wait, I'm not following. :confused:

9. nunes013 thread starter macrumors 65816

nunes013

i put the unlimited data plan on my account the day before att changed them bc i wanted unlimited data when i get my new iphone, i dont own an iphone now so im paying $30 a month for something i cant use, but since i was gonna get the iphone on the 24 i was ok with it, but i cant make it to the apple store until 12 pm on thursday which is cutting it close to them running out of stock, i called apple and they said they normally get enough iphones to fill preorders but nothing is guaranteed, i dont want to pay $30 for 2 months for something i cant use, do u think i will get one if i get there at 12?

10. nunes013 thread starter macrumors 65816

nunes013

11. Appmamma macrumors newbie

I'll be waiting overnight... Hoping for a white (doubtful) but my DH is getting a black. Apple canceled his pre order, so were screwed and waiting.

12. mb2008 macrumors regular

instead of bumping, how 'bout reading the 1000's of other posts discussing the expected amount of stock at the Apple stores.

Hell, I'll be nice - here's the summary....camp out if you don't have a reservation.

13. coelacanth macrumors 6502

OK. You said you DO have a reservation at Apple Store right? Then I'd say you are OK but it's still good idea to get there as early as possible. If you get too close to closing time, maybe they'll have to cut the line short (there will be two lines. one for reserved ppl, one for walk-ins).

Again, if you have reservations, your chance of getting the phone on 24th is high even though you can't make it to the store till noon. *Officially, they are *supposed to be holing your phone till the end of the day. Many people are still trying to get the store early WITH reservation to avoid unforeseen troubles.

Call your store and confirm your name is on the reservation list for sure.

If you DONT have a reservation, looks like overnight camping will be a must to secure the phone, depending on your location and store/inventory size.

14. nunes013 thread starter macrumors 65816

nunes013

And I'll be nice, I said above I do have a reservation, I just want to know if getting there at noon will be ok bc like I said before, I can't camp out

15. nunes013 thread starter macrumors 65816

nunes013

Ok, thank you for answering my question, it means a lot

16. Macopotamus macrumors regular

Macopotamus

there will be huge lines, there is no way without waiting in the line you will be able to get one on launch day.

just look at pre order pushed out til July now :(

17. nfl46 macrumors 603

You have a reservation; you have nothing to worry about. I have one, too, and I'm not showing up to the evening time to pick mines up at the Apple Store. I DOUBT they'll sell your reserved phone, even if you get there later in the afternoon.