Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digiguy23

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2004
Who cares about their jobs and money suituation. None of my business. It's just dumb to start standing in line a week for an iPhone 3G

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”

So they're not actually there for the iPhone! (That may be a fringe benefit of their publicity stunt, though.)

YEP! Here's their goals (from the article):

In an open letter to several of those leaders — including Steve Jobs, Sen. Hillary Clinton and Mayor Michael Bloomburg — entitled “Waiting for Apples in the Big Apple,” the group lists the tasks it hopes to accomplish in the week they will spend camping out in front of the big glass cube of Apple’s (AAPL) New York City flagship store:

We will spend a lot of time in a great public space, around the clock.
We will use mobile solar power from Solar1.
We will drink NYC’s renowned tap water.
We will have local healthy food (especially Apples) delivered by our community gardener friends, Greenmarket farmers, and locavore restauranteurs via bicycles and pedicabs.
We will compost our foodscraps, to help sustain our fragile soil.
And most importantly, we will talk to whoever happens to stop by about local organic farming as a critical element to sustainable healthy living, food security, youth education, and climate change mitigation. (link)

:rolleyes:

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Or they are being payed by Apple's PR department;)

Nah. They are bona fide losers. Apple doesn't need to go to that level. They have this guy over there, I think his name is Steve Jobs. He really knows his marketing, and he'd never pull off a two bit stunt like that b/c when it was found out he'd look stupid, and he doesn't like to look stupid. He lets that other Steve have that notoriety.

GutBomb

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2002
Outside Boston
Ignoring the fact that they said the baby would not be out there the whole time, do you people not realize that families with babies go camping all the time and that is not seen as some sort of child abuse?

They are simply camping in an odd campsite.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Ignoring the fact that they said the baby would not be out there the whole time...

Holy cow, it too SIX PAGES to get one intelligent post out of this thread!

I didn't even read that and this was obvious. I am deeply confused by the rest of my fellow Mac-Rumors posters. How does a 1-second photo = "baby outside for a week?"

Geez :rolleyes:

(That said, the people in line are idiots. But who actually thinks the baby will be out there all week? Come on, think!)

born4sky

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2008
iStupid - unbelievable that someone have so much of free time to waist, pretty sad though. That people have complete absence of imagination how to spent 7 days.

Tosser

macrumors 68030
Jan 15, 2008
Maybe they finally figured out that "TIME" is actually as much a resource as "FUEL" is... :eek:

Yes, but one seldomly encounters fossilized time :p

Unless of course, you think of US consumer rights reminiscent of the sixties ;):D

avigalante

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2007
New York City
Holy cow, it too SIX PAGES to get one intelligent post out of this thread!

I didn't even read that and this was obvious. I am deeply confused by the rest of my fellow Mac-Rumors posters. How does a 1-second photo = "baby outside for a week?"

Geez :rolleyes:

(That said, the people in line are idiots. But who actually thinks the baby will be out there all week? Come on, think!)

While obvious, it still is a point to note.

Given their sheer stupidity, I wouldn't put it past them to keep the baby onsite to break a 'world record' of some sort. Come to think of it, waiting in-line with a baby for 1-week is quite a 'world record' - albeit a stupid one.

pilotError

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2006
Long Island
lol they quit already? Any update?

I read somewhere that after one of the news outlets posted they were staying outside with a baby, the NYC police went over and told them to go home.

They were just a bunch of media whores looking for attention anyway. Glad to see they didn't put that poor kid through a week of heat, rain and humidity to push their political agenda.

GenericUsername

macrumors member
May 23, 2008
Astoria (NYC), NY
Is this where you found it? It's one thing to overlook a post buried in the middle of a thread, but that one was on the last page of the thread when you made your post. :rolleyes:

Wow, ok, you're right! I should be dragged in the street and beaten...

Yea, I read the first couple pages of this thread a few days ago and got bored...

Then I noticed this thread was still going and read most of the last page and it seemed it was all about how they weren't there anymore and I thought I would add the link I just finished reading...

I'm sorry I missed that somebody already linked it, I'm sure I am the ONLY user to EVER have done that! :rolleyes: Please accept my humble apologies O'Great one, Lord of the Threads... :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.