Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drchipinski

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2007
Really? Come on. If they would give me one for free I would not wait in line for more than two hours.

albeli

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2008
Here
WTH? They plan to wait in line a week with a baby?! In the sun! That's sick!

I won't wait more than 30 minutes to an hour with my almost 2yo, and that's really pushing it. She'll be going nuts after about 15 minutes.

drchipinski

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2007
WTH? They plan to wait in line a week with a baby?! In the sun! That's sick!

I won't wait more than 30 minutes to an hour with my almost 2yo, and that's really pushing it. She'll be going nuts after about 15 minutes.

Amen! I have a two year old as well! 3-4 minutes max.

albeli

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2008
Here
Amen! I have a two year old as well! 3-4 minutes max.

Wow, 3-4 minutes, huh? I guess I should consider myself lucky that she's content for several minutes as long as she has her bunny, and after that she's mostly ok as long as I sing and dance for her.

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
The first iphone was obviously gonna be a groundbreaking product, so I can see a fanatic waiting a few days in line for it, it could even be fun. But an evolutionary update with a similar form factor? I can't see how it's worth a wait in line.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
All this for a phone that can surf a bit faster. Stay dry suckers. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 5,598

Syrus28

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2008
Peoria, AZ
What a shame... Do they really have nothing else to do? I guess this is where the phrase "iDiot" comes into play...!!!

ijohnw

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2008
Eastern NC
as much as we are all eager for this awesome new phone, come on people! this is a little ridiculous! I hope the kid is alright!

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
I just got back from the mall and the lineup at the Rogers store was impossibly long. People were waiting because the plans are just that good and they want to secure an iPhone. The line went all the way out the mall.

shecky

May 24, 2003
Obviously you're not a golfer.
i am not convinced that the people in line now are not just playing a joke of some kind, improv-everywhere style.

if they are serious, then i am much less of a tool than i thought i was for just checking the forums 10 times a day.

WellRedd

macrumors member
May 26, 2008
London-ish
That's just wrong, imagine the state of that poor babies lungs after a week sitting in 5th Avenue, cars racing past all day long?

It's also pretty sad, what kind of a life do these people lead?

lorinserbenz

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2007
Geez there are some serious LOSERS in this country.

THEY WILL NOT RUN OUT IDIOTS, there WILL BE MORE THAN ENOUGH just like the first time.
The apple store in my city did not run out for three days!! Even when they did they had more two days later.
GEEZ, Apple has been planning this launch for well over a month.. there WILL NOT be a shortage.
Dont be a stinky loser and wait in line... if you do you are an IDIOT!

carve

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2006
I waited 6 hours in line for the first one..i would wait no more than a day

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
Impossible, they cannot keep a baby outside like that in this kind of weather that is coming to NY. And wow a whole week? What the hell... no job? no shower?.... this is CRAZY.. oh my gosh

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
This is utterly Incredibly Non Sensical Admirable (in a strange way). Not-necessary. Ebarassing.

1 Day, yes. 1 Week? - no thanks.

I smells the HAVOK group - Improv-Everywhere.

R-Fly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.